iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DH Dry Kiln Workshop - Nebraska - August 26,27/2016

Started by Tom the Sawyer, August 16, 2016, 07:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom the Sawyer

Sorry for the short notice but in case you are close enough to attend:

The Nebraska Forest Service is hosting a Dry Kiln Workshop and, in addition to basic principles of drying lumber, they will be demonstrating the use of an on-site dehumidification kiln.  The class will be in Plattsmouth, NE (near Omaha). Class is limited to 20 students, the registration fee is $50.00

Contact Adam Smith @ asmith11@unl.edu

.pdf file for the class flyer below
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

VictorH

I've enjoyed the workshop so far.  It was good to meet you Tom.

Tom the Sawyer

Great to put a face with the name, Victor..  For a 2 day workshop, I thought they did a nice job.  The emphasis on DH kilns has something I've been searching for.

Looking forward to lunch next week w/ you and Jim.  Too bad no one else is making the time.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

VictorH

Yes for two days I thought they did well.  I also thought the $50 fee was very reasonable.  They mentioned doing this again and I'll go again.

Thank You Sponsors!