iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beachcoming

Started by Quebecnewf, August 15, 2016, 12:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Saw a large square junk of timber ashore in a cove west of where we live a week ago when we were on our berry picking trip and decided to go back with chainsaw and try to see if we could salvage it.

You can see the piece of wood ashore on the rocks

Took my big saw for this job. Log was 16x18 inches square bud there was a bolt in about the middle . After sawing of a 8 ft junk the rest looked kinda doubtful .

We rolled 8 ft to the water and left the rest

Towed that section to another location nearby where we rolled it ashore. We then backed the boat in as close as possible and rolled it up a couple sticks into the boat

Spent a nice day aboard the boat. Got a section of wood. Will have to saw it and see if it was worth the effort. Time will tell

Quebecnewf

Magicman

Looks like it was some sort of "squared" timber??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

carykong

The bolt may provide some clues to the original use of this timber

SineWave

Neat! Sounds like something I would attempt...

Let us know what you find when you unwrap it!

P.S. Are those long-sleeve shirts you guys are wearing? It's been 92° in the shade here for weeks!

Quebecnewf

I think it's pine . Came of a wharf structure somewhere up the St Lawrence River most likely.

Those are not long sleeved shirts those are bug jackets. The black flies are wicked here right now.

Quebecnewf

thecfarm

Good luck with your find.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!