iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Possible business idea?? thoughts/ comments/ concerns

Started by chevytaHOE5674, November 11, 2009, 09:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

I work for somebody else in the woods, it takes the financial risk out of it as all I do is work and collect a paycheck. I've thought about buying my own equipment (I like being my own boss) but then I have the financial risk of breakdowns/weather/markets/wages/etc, and I already have that with my farm business and that is enough stress for me :D. Owning two businesses that are largely dependent on mother nature would make it very hard to sleep at night. I'm actually trying to grow the farm operation so that I can quit working in the woods, trouble is getting enough land rented up to make it work. Slowly but surely I'm getting there.

I had some spare time today 8)... So I spent it putting a clutch in a 100hp cab tractor. Almost got it all back together and I ran out of steam and had to quit for the evening...

bigblue12v

Well glad to hear you're doing good. Was hoping to hear that you got into the niche market and it took off lol
Lots of junk not enough time.. full time mechanic part time logger, firewood junkie, outside boiler owner, meat smoker enthusiast, fabricator, dad, husband

Okrafarmer

I was going to say, regarding the original subject matter, that with small plots like that, you may be best off, while managing them, to build up a substantial firewood marketing business rather than concentrate on timber and pulp. Also, in winter time, if you can let your logs sit on the landing until you cut a second property, then a self-loading truck can come pick up both at once to make a load, so the whole load is yours, if that helps.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

timberlinetree

Lot of nice wood on small parcels down from us. They don't usually need the money or like trees cut unless it is for wildlife habitat. Then the door opens.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!