iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First two segmented turnings

Started by Larry, August 13, 2016, 04:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Catalpa, walnut and basswood.  This is my very first segmented turning.

White oak, walnut and basswood.  This one is my second.  I think the foot is much better form than the first.

Both have a quicky finish.  Super blond shellac flakes dissolved in denatured alcohol.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Savannahdan

Those are excellent.  Thank you for sharing.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Czech_Made

ShowMeSawyer

thecfarm

Larry,I really can't tell. Send me one and I'll look at for 2-3 years and than I'll decide.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I would say that your first two were very successful.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

opticsguy

Reminds me of the front cover of issue #1 of Fine Woodworking magazine.
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

21incher

They came out great. Thanks for sharing.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

sawwood

Great job Larry on your segmented bows. What jig did you use to cut your segments? I have two jigs that
I use and it cut a true angle.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

GAB

Both of them look real good.
The second one I think will be less tippy, or stabler (if there is such a word).
I sure hope you numbered all the pieces, so if someone decides to put it the dishwasher you can put the puzzle back together quicker.
Congratulations on a job very well done.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Larry

Thanks for all the nice comments. :)

Lester, I used the seg-easy for most of the rings and my sliding table saw for a few.  The ones made with the seg-easy were perfect while those on the sliding table saw were off a small amount.  Part of the learning process.

Next time I want to try my Hammond Trim-O-Saw using wedges similar to how the seg-easy works.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

sawwood

Larry that's what I have is two seg-easy jig. One is for smaller picas  and the other for wider picas. I am working on one
now that has set for a long time.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

OffGrid973

What a great job !!! Nice glue ups
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Thank You Sponsors!