iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quick Fix....Great Results

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, August 09, 2016, 06:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I developed a hole in my water jug. The jug would hit the side of the tray every time I put on a full jug of water.
Well over time a hole developed and a stream of water was coming out.

I emptied the jug and dried it with the air hose. Then I melted some empty plastic SKOAL cans I had using map gas.

I immediately heated the jug plastic and applied the Shoal can plastic with an applicator I made from a scrap piece of Pine.

The 2 plastics bonded together as one. Cooled it down with ice water and its good as new.

The Goat wins again.  :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

derhntr

Mine got brittle and shattered when putting it in tray. I got soaked and had to get a replacement jug from my work.
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

Chuck White

The worse thing about getting a replacement jug it that the cap threads seem to be non-standard.

Then, any jug with a 3/4" pipe fitting in the middle could be made to work.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

Looks like one of those ink blot tests  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ga Mtn Man

Mine is patched with Gorilla tape, which I keep having to replace.  Looks like I'm gonna have to take up dippin'.  Nice job David, thanks for sharing.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Magicman

Goat spit will seal anything.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ga Mtn Man

What size bottles do you sell that in? ???
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

slider

I see the GOAT is a high end dipper.Try grizzly David it"s just as good and much cheaper.
al glenn

terrifictimbersllc

We'll have to start looking for Skoal cans on walks.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Dave Shepard

Quote from: WDH on August 09, 2016, 08:30:54 PM
Looks like one of those ink blot tests  :).

Poston only sees goats when he looks at those.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Magicman on August 09, 2016, 09:33:19 PM
Goat spit will seal anything.   :D
There are worse things.  I saw a buzzard pulling a dead skunk off the road the other day.  food6
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

rjwoelk

I think the dog getting into a rotten fish and rolling in it is worse.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Sixacresand

David is a jack of all trades and a Goat of some.   
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: rjwoelk on August 10, 2016, 10:36:37 AM
I think the dog getting into a rotten fish and rolling in it is worse.
I'd have to agree-BAD DOG!!!!

kelLOGg

Lo tech plastic welding. Might have to take that up. Good for you.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Darrel

I guess one is never to old to start using SKOAL
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have read everyone's "heart felt" comments and just don't know which one impresses me the most.  say_what

To all this applies to......"JUST KISS MY GRITS!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: slider on August 10, 2016, 08:14:07 AM
I see the GOAT is a high end dipper.Try grizzly David it"s just as good and much cheaper.

Being a plastic welder, I use "high end" materials.

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

eastberkshirecustoms

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 09, 2016, 06:00:38 PM
I developed a hole in my water jug. The jug would hit the side of the tray every time I put on a full jug of water.
Well over time a hole developed and a stream of water was coming out.

We have 5 gallon jugs just like that at my 'night job' for printing plate developer. They throw them out on a daily basis. I use them for all kinds of things...If anyone needs one I could snag some, just pay shipping.

never finished

Skoal, don't know how they make it so good so cheap. If a person is going to have a useless nasty habit they might as well go all out. Spoken by some one with a useless nasty habit. Dennis

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: never finished on August 10, 2016, 07:37:19 PM
  Skoal, don't know how they make it so good so cheap. If a person is going to have a useless nasty habit they might as well go all out. Spoken by some one with a useless nasty habit. Dennis

Well spoken Dennis.  :D :D :D

paul case

Quote from: Sixacresand on August 10, 2016, 11:00:59 AM
David is a jack of all trades and a Goat of some.

That one is my favorite!

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!