iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM Laser........Got one......I Love it!!!!

Started by Percy, November 11, 2004, 06:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

Over the almost 8 years I been running WM equipment, Ive managed to demo my stuff quite often and have had three sucessfull demo's(where the person actually bought some equipment). When this happens, I get 2 percent of the purchase price ;D ;D. Using a demo credit, I bought the WM laser for my LT70. Its a bit over priced but boy does it save time. I have it aligned "close" right now(longtitude-perfect,latitude needs minor tweekin but its no big deal as I operate from the opposite end) . Im working out doors under a roof. I can see the laser most of the time as it always shines on the shaded side of the log. I can aline a log/cant in less than half the time it took before. I edge alot of 6 inch WRC cants on my mill and there is a "no wane" rule on this product so prior to the LASER, alot of time was spent measuring or...heh... miss cutting, but yesterday, I was doing the dance of joy.

My thanks to all those who gave input on an earlier thread on the LASER subject as this was my basis on purchasing. I think it will make me money......Ill let you know in a year or so....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Mike_M

Percy,
          Glad to hear the laser sight is working good. I was wondering if you have or know anything about the lube-mizer add on for keeping the blade lubed? We have a 97 LT40 hydraulic, it has the standard water container with manual valve. The lube-mizer looks like it might be a good addition, but thought I would check with other Woodmizer owners before I went any further.

Thanks
                                            Mike M.

DR_Buck

Got the 'lubmizer' kind of as a bonus when I bought my LT40 back in January. Glad I did. I don't have any real experience not having it since this is my first mill.  But it works great.  It can be adjusted as to how often you want the blade "lubed".  Just set it and forget it.  Every once in a while, depending on what I'm sawing I'll turn it on continuous to clean the band wheels and blade guides.  I use plain water and pine soap mix.

Dave
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Percy

Hey Mike M.
The lube mizer works good but Id say its not a whole lot better than the gravity drip system I had on the old Lt40. I used diesel back then for a lube and overall Id say it worked quite a bit better than soap/pinesol/water combo I use now in the lubemizer. All of WM's accessories are really good including the Lubemizer but in my opinion, it is the least neccessary as compared to a debarker or Accuset. Like Dr Buck said, its nice to set and forget compared to always dickin around with the gravity system and thats where the Lubemizer strength is. ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Thank You Sponsors!