iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 576XP trials (was 'New Saw Coming' but clearly it aint new anymore)....

Started by OlJarhead, August 08, 2016, 01:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

The only thing I know for sure is that I would never use that shop again. On top of other shortcomings, I'm amazed by how many shops don't seem to be able to pressure test a saw and check for air leaks. A saw burns down and they just rebuild it. Well what made it burn up in the first place? They usually want to find fault with the operator. I've been through this same thing before, Jarhead. Right down to adjusting the carb for me on a saw that I knew was running lean and was going to melt down. I can adjust my carb, I'm bringing it to you Mr. Mechanic because it does not respond to the screws and it's under warranty. I don't want to touch anything out of fear they won't cover warranty issues🙄 In my area, years ago there was an army of guys in the woods with saws cutting pulp. Hand felling, hand limbing, and bucking on the landing. Lots of saws. There were shops that had competent mechanics that made a living off of repairing just chainsaws. Those days are long gone, and for the most part, I won't let anyone around here touch my saws anymore. I called one local parts counter for a saw part, got a new kid on the line, after about 10 minutes of trying to explain to him what I needed I told him I'd try to find a part number and call him back. It's easier to just look it up online for me, then guess what, I may as well just order it. Ok rant over. Sorry about your saw, Jarhead. A very frustrating experience.
Too many irons in the fire

OlJarhead

Update:  I'd called Baileys and they said  "send it to us, no one buys a Husky and isn't taken care of!".....I sent it to them (delayed a month or more) and they called to say they got it and would take care of it.  Then I got a call that Husky is covering it under warranty and is replacing pretty much everything but the case (new crank, can and piston and more)....should have back in the next week or two (hoping before new years).

Will be interesting to see how it does with a good break in and good fuel for a while (going to buy premix to break it in I think).

Glad they are fixing it though :)
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

weimedog

Quote from: nitehawk55 on September 18, 2017, 07:45:32 PM
Husky has had quite a few issues with bearings and seals , not just the auto tune .

With the 372 X-torq's, 576's, and even 562's, if there isn't some obvious "basic" issues that stands out as the reason why, the first thing you do if its not wanting to idle is vac test them. If you don't have that capability and the dealer is sticky to deal with, Might even do the old "brake clean test" on the PTO side on 372's XT's and 576's..:)

( And to "needle" someone (Sven :) ) a bit, any one know what 385's, 372XT's ( Not OE's) and 576's all have in common?? :)  )
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Stoneyacrefarm

Work hard. Be rewarded.

OlJarhead

Well this saw died after a short life but it went down fighting!  It was squashed by a large pine :( and the cost of a rebuild and parts was more than a new saw....

So I am now the owner of a 572xp
etc hope this saw lasts longer!
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Thank You Sponsors!