iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any backpackers out there?

Started by DelawhereJoe, August 05, 2016, 08:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DelawhereJoe

I go backpacking twice a year, mostly out in West Virginia. Anyone know and really great spots on the eastern half of the country?
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Magicman

I have packed on my back, but I am not a backpacker.  LINK 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ppine

I used to hike in Virginia back in the 60s and 70s especially near Luray.  Now it is crowded and best in the spring and fall seasons.

At age 66, I just finished a trip in the Ruby Mtns of Nevada. The Pass going in was 10,415 feet. I camped with 6 other guys at 9,800 feet. I was the second youngest, but the slowest. It was a bunch of former marathon racers and bike racers. They packed in fresh food with dry ice.  The chef made ice for the bourbon, then we had smoked trout and a salad with prawns and pecans. Fresh green beans with NY steak and lobster. It was a life changing experience.  I have been going lighter, but now I am going to carry more fresh food and a portable chair.
Forester

Ron Scott

DelawareJoe,

Have you backpacked on the Monongahela NF, Cranberry Wilderness and Back country in West Virginia?
~Ron

DelawhereJoe

Yes mostly in the Senica Creek Back county, this fall we are headding out to the Dolly Sods wilderness area.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Thank You Sponsors!