iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidder ID and info?

Started by SawLogger, August 03, 2016, 05:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawLogger

We are looking at this skidder on Craigslist it is a pretty interesting looking rig. We will be putting it back to work as a skidder. It was used for duck hunting and just hauled people around. They took the winch and arch off and maybe a box for people to ride. Can someone tell me what model it is? He says it is a pettibone but don't know the model.

It has a blown 4-53 in it and I'm having a hard time locating on around here but we have a good 4-71. Do you think the 4-71 will fit?

One last thing. What transmission should this thing have in it? Would it have a separate lever for forward and reverse?

Thanks

tj240

we all will need a picture or 200, and where are you located? Welcome to the forum.
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

SawLogger

Lol.... yeah the picture thing is kicking my but at the moment.  Central Oklahoma

thecfarm

Like the color scheme.  Tires look to be worth that much.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Brleclaire

Looks like a Pettibone master 5. If you do a web search you can find some pics of what they look like with the winch and arch on it

SawLogger

I thought the master 5 would of had a 3-53?

coxy

it should have a 353 in it don't see how they stuffed a 453 in there   just watch pettibone is vary vary hard to find parts for I got rid of the 501 I had for that reason  good luck with it

SawLogger

Thanks for the info. Do you think a 4 cylinder perkins would run it good?

North River Energy

I'd opt for the Perkins, assuming it has enough HP.

Spartan

Well I would not try to put a 4-71 in that.  I would think you would not have much left of your drive train after it shredded it.

SawLogger

How much hp would be suitable for this machine? The perkins should be around 65-70 hp.

danbuendgen

I think a 4-53 is 120-130 HP. Not positive though. But I'm very sure its over 100 HP.
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

Ed_K

I was told that mine was at 136 hp, if you have the turbo it's at 160 hp.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!