iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I did it! Quit my job.

Started by WellandportRob, July 30, 2016, 06:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pep

It works quite well. I usually leave it on the end of the mill.. It's great for slabs, the planer blade wasn't available when I bought my mill. Whereabouts r u located
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

WellandportRob

I'm in Wellanport.  Niagara region.
2016 Wood-Mizer LT40HG 35 , Alaskan MKIII 60", Chev Duramax, Anderson logging trailer. Lucas DSM 23-19.

red

I 'll go out on a Limb . . Your name is Rob
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

pep

We're u working at debeers?  Wish I had the walnut in your gallery.  I used to saw outside but the heat drove me under cover.  Set up permanently inside, but the last month the heat is unreal up here in the north.
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B

WellandportRob

You guys are good.  Yes my name is Rob (Red) and yes Pep I worked at DeBeers.  Should I know you?
2016 Wood-Mizer LT40HG 35 , Alaskan MKIII 60", Chev Duramax, Anderson logging trailer. Lucas DSM 23-19.

pep

No but I know a few people that work there. R u cutting wood off your own property?
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B

WellandportRob

I wish, no I buy in all my logs.  My main job is portable milling.

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

I was on the "Pig Roast Road" and missed this Rob.  I wish you the very best in your sawing venture.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Solomon

Quote from: pep on August 01, 2016, 05:46:58 PM
Good luck rob and hurry up and get a roof over your mills!!👍🏻

I second that motion, learned that the hard way myself.
There's a lot less maintence if you have your equipment protected from the elements.
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

clintnelms

So how are things going so far since you quit your job?

WellandportRob

Sorry for the long silence guys.  Things are going great.  I'm busier than ever and enjoy waking up everyday and getting to work.
The learning curve on the new wood-mizer was a little bigger than I expected and I got little behind at first but now I love it.
I'll post some pictures shortly on what I've been up to.

Brian C.

Glad things are doing well for you. It was a giant leap and sounds like you are enjoying the sawmill life. Good for you!

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Chuck White

Glad to hear things are going well for you, Rob.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clintnelms

Crossroads

Congratulations, I hope it's all working out as planned!
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Thank You Sponsors!