iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Why Our Forests Matter - video

Started by tom_woodblocx, July 27, 2016, 04:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom_woodblocx

Hi Forestry Forum

Having just joined the forum, after discovering it after a bit of googling into where the industry meets and discusses issues. I wanted to share a short film we worked on that although focused on the UK forestry industry, i thought some of the members might be interested in to. We tried to pull together some of the data from recent years and present it in a interesting way. Showing a little behind the scenes look at what happens in the industry.

https://youtu.be/R1SEZOn1v0o

Ed_K

That was a very good video. I know we have some put out by the industry, but more would be better.
Ed K

tom_woodblocx

Quote from: Ed_K on July 27, 2016, 10:46:49 AM
That was a very good video. I know we have some put out by the industry, but more would be better.

Thanks Ed_K, the more widespread the understanding of what we do in the industry the better in my opinion.

Texas Ranger

'Good video, and seems like an outstanding product.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ron Scott

Well done! Good video; like the aerial views.
~Ron

g_man

Thanks for posting. I had no idea what UK forests looked like and for some reason never pictured conifers  ??? Those BlocX seem like a great idea. We need more thinking like that.

gg

tom_woodblocx

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! we got a little heat from some greenpeace supporters online in the comments sections which wasn't ideal, but you can't win them all! haha

tom_woodblocx

Quote from: g_man on July 30, 2016, 05:39:28 PM
Thanks for posting. I had no idea what UK forests looked like and for some reason never pictured conifers  ??? Those BlocX seem like a great idea. We need more thinking like that.

gg

We put some more photos up on the blog post as well here - http://woodblocx-landscaping.co.uk/why-our-forests-matter/

pine

A renewable resource some folks don't get it.
Very nicely done.

ppine

Thanks for the video. The British Isles at one time were almost completely forested. Even Ireland was once a forest.  Restocking is important, but the least of our problems in North America. We suffer from rampart overstocking and 125 years of fire suppression.
Forester

Thank You Sponsors!