iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going Once, Going Twice....Sold

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, July 25, 2016, 08:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Sorry for not getting on in quite some time, but we have been crazy busy renovating a reception hall we purchased on 3/25/16 that sits on 4.3 acres of land, on a major highway, which we are turning into an auction house and flea market. In August I go to take 10 days of state mandated auctioneer training so I can take the state auctioneer exam in September.

Here is what it looked like when we got it.

You cant tell from the pic, but this place needed a lot of work. Original metal roof had no less than 40 leaks, which destroyed many of the drop ceiling tiles. Windows and doors were shot from lack of paint and caulking. Plumbing was a joke to say the least with leaking hot water heater to boot. Kitchen appliances were shot and in desperate need of replacement. Bare, unterminated electrical wires were all over in the attic space above the drop ceiling. The parking lot held water 3" deep in places with even the slightest of rain and was a mud hole.

We redid everything. Off came the entire metal roof and on with a new one. New windows and entry doors, new paint inside and out, totally new plumbing and all electrical issues were resolved. Parking lot was properly graded then had 90 tons of gravel added. Kitchen received a complete overhall. Out with the old ceiling tiles, in with 400 new ones after painting the ceiling grid. New smokies and carbon monoxide detectors, new lights, new benzels, new cove moulding, new folding tables. Shed was redone to match building after doorway was enlarged to accept 54 inch mower deck on cub cadet tractor. I have about 500 trees on this property, several of which are dead and be converted into firewood for our busy beaver firewood operation. This took up the better part of the past 3 months from start to finish to redo the building. Here are the results.

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Magicman

Wowser that is nice and I wish you success with your business venture.  I was looking at your profile this AM trying to track you down. 

Yes, you have been missed, and Happy Birthday.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thank you Lynn. Always good to hear from you. Afraid we will not make the pig roast this years as I go to auctioneer class the following week and just have a bunch to get done. Give our Regards to all
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

We will miss seeing you and Kristina this year.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

goose63

Looking good and Happy birthday to you
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

WDH

That is excellent.  Proud for you.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Busy Beaver Lumber

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

OneWithWood

Nice acquisition and retrofit.  The Beavers will definitely be busy going forward  smiley_smash
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

yukon cornelius

What an awesome new adventure for you guys! I couldn't be happier for you  8)
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

21incher

Good luck with your new venture. From everything listed on that sign you guys are going to have your hands full. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

Quote from: Busy Beaver Lumber on July 25, 2016, 08:57:03 PMAfraid we will not make the pig roast this years
You will be there in spirit Fred because I will be wearing one of the shirts that you donated as a door prize  last year,   ;D

Busy Beaver Lumber

Sorry for the delay in responding. Been crazy busy and wound up in hospital for a spell when sugar drifted way high.

So first off, let me thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. I did got to required auctioneer school and had the time of my life there. I wish I had gone 30 years ago. The school was excellent. Sat for Indiana State Auctioneers exam and scored in the 90's, so you can teach an old dog a new trick. Got to call Auctions twice during school at Christy's Auction House in Indianapolis and loved every second of it. We also go our Auction Hall license and have our first auction, of G scale trains on January 28th. Can not wait.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Thank You Sponsors!