iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Too Many Hands Ditty

Started by Percy, July 24, 2016, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

In the 90's, Jim Cuddy, singer for Blue Rodeo, recorded a solo album with a song on it called Too Many Hands. The song was great but there was this chick who played a violin outro on the studio version that really struck a cord with me. Last night after too many coronas, I recorded my version of that outro. I thought it sucked as Im not much of a country guy but this morning, I hadda listen over morning coffee and thought, Ive done worse. I am kinda stiff as Im not familiar with playing this piece but I didnt screw up too bad

https://soundcloud.com/igneroid/too-many-hands-ditty
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

rasman57

sprucebunny

Nice !!

I don't listen to music much but I would if more was fun instrumentals like this  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

WH_Conley

Bill

Ron Wenrich

Did you lay down all the tracks or are you playing with a sound track?
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Percy

Quote from: Ron Wenrich on July 24, 2016, 06:58:53 PM
Did you lay down all the tracks or are you playing with a sound track?
Thanks all. I layed all the tracks (bass, left and right accoustic guitars and electric lead) I recorded my drum machine as well. I have a Tascam 32 track digital portastudio... ;D

Magicman

Brucer will be proud.   8)

I liked it too.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Carson-saws

Sound real good.   Especially combining tracks. Been playing percussion since I was 6 and use an Alesis DM5, Roland kick and H H pedals tied into the acoustic kit. Gretsch 7 pc with matador latin.  Done a bit of studio work and the "bar scene/clubs"  Festivals are fun as long as the crowd behaves.  You sound very clean, smooth Sir.  I'm thinking even what you may consider "bad" is likely very good.  But hey, aren't we all our best critics?
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Percy

Quote from: Magicman on July 24, 2016, 09:25:58 PM

I liked it too.   ;D
Thanks.

Quote from: Carson-saws on July 24, 2016, 09:39:49 PM
Sound real good.   Especially combining tracks. Been playing percussion since I was 6 and use an Alesis DM5, Roland kick and H H pedals tied into the acoustic kit. Gretsch 7 pc with matador latin.  Done a bit of studio work and the "bar scene/clubs"  Festivals are fun as long as the crowd behaves.  You sound very clean, smooth Sir.  I'm thinking even what you may consider "bad" is likely very good.  But hey, aren't we all our best critics?
Thanks. I dont play drums very well...at all actually. Hence the drum machine.

I notice throughout the years of being involved in milling/forestry that there are many musicians in the same line of work as me/us, Also seems that the rest(non players) are music lovers as well.  ;D

Magicman

There is always a "pickin" at customersawyer's Sycamore Projects.   smiley_guitarist
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Carson-saws

Percy....."sooths the savage beast"  or the "other" word...not quit sure which is correct and didn't want to offend.  It is funny how music can effect a person.  Be it foot stompin cow pie kickin bluegrass or good ole rock and roll.  I personally listen and have played a variety.  From symphonic, progressive, country and yes Jeff...Elvis.  Bottom line I figure is...if you like it and it makes you feel "something" than...listen....pretty much everything...septin..RAP...or is that spelled with a "C"?
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Brucer

Quote from: Magicman on July 24, 2016, 09:25:58 PM

Yep. Of course it would be nice if I could actually listen to it :(. Gotta get this new computer working first so's I can finally get high-speed internet.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!