iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not for Sissies

Started by Magicman, July 23, 2016, 07:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Getting older Falling is not for sissies.  This afternoon Marty and I took a piece of equipment over to the farm.  Everything went well, actually better than expected so we were in the shop sorta cleaning up.  I took a back step and stumbled over a 5 gal LP cylinder.  It rolled and so did I, and it seemed like I would never stop falling.  The landing would not have scored well in Olympic Competition.  Anyway my arm did not fair too well with the cylinder top.

Peeled my hide off.

Marty is a good man.  He said that the skin was like a jigsaw puzzle, but he got most of it arranged correctly and back in place. 

I hate having to continually grow new hide.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

submarinesailor

Ox

That sucks, MM.  Hope you heal quickly.  I've yet to meet someone who likes to fall down and go boom.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

coxy

hope you fell better you still have to get to the piggy roast  :)

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

timberlinetree

Yikes! Or Ouch! Glad your OK!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Chuck White

Just takes an instant of inattention Lynn, glad you didn't get injured to bad.

A fall, any fall, can really shake a body pretty bad, especially as we are aging!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

doctorb

If you search on the Forum for MM injuries, the entire server shuts down due to overload.

Heal up!  I would suggest a Xeroform or Adaptic dressing on that.  Sticks less.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

red

We talk of many Safety issues . No forestry forum member is allowed on ladders . Chaps and head gear . But we all saw this coming the minute you posted the picture of the Over Loaded Depends ! Mr Magicman you are 110 lbs soaking wet . You just can't carry that much . . . Weight ?  That low on your body . Maybe less fiber in your diet .  Walk softly and carry a big stick .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WV Sawmiller

MM,

Sorry to see you got banged up. Hope it heals quickly and completely.

It sure doesn't take but an instant of inattention to get hurt.

As you described the I could envision a team of Olympic graders sitting side by side holding up score cards with 9.5, 9.7 and 9.8 for your fall and recovery attempt. :)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Gearbox

MM I fall down all the time . Keeps the econmmey going with doctor bills ,  chiropractor and alleve . Road burn hurts heal fast
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Ed_K

Oww, those tanks are sharp on top, at least it was a scrape and not deep.
Ed K

Peter Drouin

Good one. Hope you heal fast. Dose It seems sometimes you will bleed every day. Not a lot, But, Some. Small cuts and slivers, A nick form a blade.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sawguy21

OWWW, that has to smart. :'( You will likely have some muscle pain, that kind of thing is hard on us old guys.
Karen took a hard fall yesterday too. She was getting into a friend's F-350 4x4, the step stool collapsed and she went over backwards. She bumped her head on the vehicle next to it , fortunately not hard. Her wound doesn't look as glorious as yours but she is feeling a few extra aches and pains.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

gspren

2 years ago while sitting around a campfire with friends all in their 60s-70s someone complained about getting shorter to which I replied I've been getting taller, I explained that when I fall down it hurts more and if I'm on the ground it takes longer to stand up so I must be getting taller.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

With my new sporty bandage I could not shower last night, so I took a tub bath.  Getting outta dat tub was no easy chore!   :o

thecfarm

Quote from: doctorb on July 24, 2016, 08:29:43 AM
  I would suggest a Xeroform or Adaptic dressing on that.  Sticks less.
Buy them at any drug store?

YUK and one more YUK. I treated that picture the same way I did with Tammy's foot.  :)

Be careful. My FIL has taken 2 bad falls in his garage.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Gary_C

Yikes, that's enough of the pictures. We are not even going to try to top that one. Hope you have your tetanus shot up to date.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Czech_Made

Hope you heal soon, MM.

Raider Bill

Quote from: doctorb on July 24, 2016, 08:29:43 AM
If you search on the Forum for MM injuries, the entire server shuts down due to overload.

:D :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

ppine

Use that experience as a reminder to be ever vigilant.  By most standards of falling injuries, that one is hardly worth mentioning.
Forester

doctorb

The best way to dress such injuries and be able to shower is to use a Tegaderm type dressing.  Available at any medical type shop/pharmacy and is over-the-counter.  they come in different sizes.  MM, yours is going to be pretty large.  Place the smallest dressing on the wound that you can- first use the Xeroform or Adaptic I previously mentioned - then apply a single layer of a standard gauze dressing.  Then, while holding the dressing in place, apply the Tegadermn dressing.  It's like Saran wrap with a sticky side.  It adheres to your normal skin outside of the bandage and seals things pretty tight.  If water gets underneath during the shower, just change the dressing.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

sawguy21

That stuff works well. :)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

Ta heck wid da DanG server.  Whataboutme??   ???

Chuck White

Bathtubs can be dangerous, slippery as all getout!

I haven't fallen very many times, but I slipped in the tub once (caught myself), about 1½ years ago, and since then, I don't shower unless the wife or her son is in the house, just in case!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!