iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Why you should move to...

Started by Ianab, July 22, 2016, 03:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Stratford.  ;D

Our small town made the National news site today as an alternative place to live to the big cities.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/home-property/82333750/lets-move-to-stratford

And the weather isn't THAT bad.  ;)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

petefrom bearswamp

Looks like a great place.
Too far from grandkids for my wife and they drive on the incorrect side of the streets.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Carson-saws

Ianab....I would be happy pretty much
anywhere in NZ.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

ppine

Notoriety is a mixed blessing. I do not like to say the name of the place where I live out loud. 
Forester

sawguy21

What do they refer to as a 'brutal' winter?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ianab

Quote from: sawguy21 on July 22, 2016, 12:17:56 PM
What do they refer to as a 'brutal' winter?

:D  Not Brutal by Canadian standards  ;)

The reporter would be from Auckland, which is sub-tropical and they tend to be a soft up there.  I'd say "Cool and a bit damp at times" Just checked the local weather recordings. There's been 7 days in the last 30 where it didn't rain. Would have been frosts on those days.  ;)

Climate is "rain forest", just not a tropical one.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

WV Sawmiller

Ian,

Nice looking place.

You know if there is a sudden influx of new arrivals and you all have to learn proper American English instead of that modified British English, have get used to new foods like grits (actually that could be a good thing), all the teenagers walk around with their drawers showing, etc. it will be your fault now :D :D :D.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

Hearing a Kiwi trying to sound like a southerner would be entertaining to say the least. :D NZ customs has very strict rules about invasive species like grits.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Carson-saws

Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Thank You Sponsors!