iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Radio Controlled LT40 Project

Started by Ga Mtn Man, July 20, 2016, 06:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

5quarter

simply amazing! Kind of reminds me of what Quebecnewf  goes through to make a chair for his lovely bride... :) ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

customsawyer

That is just slick as all get out. Very well done.  smiley_clapping
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

al glenn

bkaimwood

CRAZY COOL project, Paul. Much respect and admiration for an incredible job using your outstanding knowledge and skill....and patience!!! :o :o 8) 8)
bk

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Ga Mtn Man

Thanks all.  I'm very pleased (and somewhat surprised) with how well this thing works, but if I had known when I started just how many hours it was going to take me to finish this project, I'm not sure I would have done it.  smiley_dizzy whiteflag_smiley

Bandmill Bandit- I plan to have a PCB (Printed Circuit Board) prototype run of the circuit board made once I'm satisfied with the design.  That might make it possible for it to be a marketable product.  I know you could do it but I'm not sure it would ever be something that the "average" mill owner would be able to tackle.  I think some amount of technical ability would be required to install something like this. 
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

4x4American

Holy schnikes Paul!!  You are a genius!  I want one!!
Boy, back in my day..

Larry

Amazing work.  I'm impressed. 8)

Package all the components and call it a WM HeathKit.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm laughing my tail off Paul.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I can't wait to show this to a few people and tell them, "Yep, me and Paul are friends."

Me telling them we are close friends will make me look smart.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

One question, do you always run your blade tension at 300,000,000 PSI?  :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

4x4American

I know I do goat man, I run it just shy of what I call Peter-Pressure (Peter the Pine Man), which is when you bottom out the gauge and then take out an old pipe and crank on her some more
Boy, back in my day..

Kbeitz

It would not take much more to interface up with a laptop running Denkovi Relay Manager Software.
You could have your mill running automatically. look into ethernet IP controller (DAEnetIP2)
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

terrifictimbersllc

Unbelievable.  Remember new rule you must keep it in sight when you fly it.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

WDH

That would be only drone that could saw lumber in flight  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: WDH on July 31, 2016, 07:19:39 AM
That would be only drone that could saw lumber in flight  :D.
With angels for off-bearers!  Think D-U-G and The Goat, with wings!
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Bandmill Bandit

Thanks for the response Ga mountain man.

I'd have that computer/electronic engineer son that I am sure would not have any issues installing it for me. I can probably do it too but he'd be a lot faster at it.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

4x4American

Are you calling me an angel, dennis?  That's so sweet!  lol
Boy, back in my day..

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 30, 2016, 06:06:38 PM
I'm laughing my tail off Paul.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I can't wait to show this to a few people and tell them, "Yep, me and Paul are friends."

Me telling them we are close friends will make me look smart.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

One question, do you always run your blade tension at 300,000,000 PSI?  :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm sorry, what was your name?  ;D

Yep, 300M, give or take a million.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: 4x4American on July 31, 2016, 11:50:47 AM
Are you calling me an angel, dennis?  That's so sweet!  lol
Looking back on it I believe i did, and not just you!   ::) ::) ::)

YellowHammer

I'm seeing you sawing from your recliner up at the house, in the air conditioning, watching a video monitor of the milling, and through an intercom, telling your help to hurry up and load the next log.  Oh yeah, all the while eating chips and salsa.

Yep, I want one.....
YellowHammerisms:

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Ga Mtn Man

Yes, you absolutely must have one.  I'm willing to do an even swap, mill for mill.  You busy tomorrow?  :laugh:   

YellowHammer

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on July 31, 2016, 06:26:30 PM
Yes, you absolutely must have one.  I'm willing to do an even swap, mill for mill.  You busy tomorrow?  :laugh:   

:D :D :D :D
YellowHammerisms:

Bandmill Bandit

Ga Mnt Man YOU have a marketable after market system there. I am pretty sure there are more than a few that will want one and now that it been done dont think for a second that woodmizer wont put some serious effort into the discussions of ana after market system.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

logs2lumber

That is very awesome  smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping I am book marking this to save I have the remote command station so i dont have to walk with mine but this is a awesome thread. well done

4x4American

So how are ya liking it Paul?

Let me guess, you hate it so much you're bringing it to my yard for it to be my headache now, right?

;D
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!