iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

celebrating our 50th

Started by Qweaver, July 16, 2016, 05:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

Sarah and I are having our 50th next Saturday and we got a little surprised with 75 RSVPs.  So I'm guessing about 100 mouths to feed before we are done.  Good thing I built that Texas BBQ.  No one keeps brisket here in the hills and the shop that did wanted $6.50 a pound for the toughest cut on a beef!  I ended up getting shoulder clods for $3.39.  Will not taste like brisket but good none the less.  The honey do's are coming fast and I hope I live thru this with out running away from home.
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Magicman

Congratulations to you and your bride.   smiley_love
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

Good for y'all!  My son and his wife had 5 today.  Only 45 more and they'll be where you are.   ;D

Bruno of NH

Good for you and your wife .
Have fun with friends and family :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

ESFted

Congratulations on the big 50!!  Hope the next fifty go just as smooth.
S.U.N.Y. College of Environmental Science and Forestry '65
Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM
Dreams of a Wm LT70 w/all the accessories

GAB

Congratulations on 50, however when you get to 75 people will think you would rather fight than switch.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Chuck White

Congratulations to the happy couple!   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Congrats to both of you.
Sounds like you are cooking AND buying the food.  :o 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

Quinton,

A big congratulations to you and the missus. I am sure the meal will be fine and the companionship will be even better.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Papa1stuff

Congratulations  on your 50th thats a mile stone not reached by to many anymore!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

petefrom bearswamp

Congrats and may you have many more.
I dont know why but brisket is hard to come by here also.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Chuck White

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on July 17, 2016, 06:58:33 AM
Congrats and may you have many more.
I dont know why but brisket is hard to come by here also. 

Most likely, it's because so many people are buying it up and smoking and grilling it now adays!

In years past lots of places sold brisket for cheap and then customers thought it not to be a very good cut, so it was essentially given away!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Mooseherder

Congratulations on your 50th!
I've found the best place to buy Brisket is at Costco or Walmart.  At Walmart they have them Whole in the CryoVac pack.  It isn't pumped up or processed in the same manner as the other Case ready trays they sell.  It's packaged just the way your local butcher can purchase before they process.  If you have a sharp knife you can remove the wad of fat in-between the point or Deckel from the Flat. I also trim shave a thin sliver where the meat was attached to the breast bone on the point side.  The external fat is easier to take off.  I leave about a qtr. inch on that renders down during cooking.  Their popularity has exploded with the BBQ crowd.  A lot of TV chefs are also including Brisket in their shows.  I saw one yesterday for a Cuban Dish that looked appealing to try. Cooking Brisket has become an art form.  You can spend 12 to 16 hours with it on your favorite pit or grill and make an event out of it.  The BBQ crowd is also moving towards Whole Plate Short Ribs and Shoulder Clods as an alternative to the cost of Brisket.  The whole Brisket at Walmart is around 35 dollars.  Sometimes they are marked down because of an approaching date.  I wouldn't let the date scare me if it's in the CryoVac and under vacuum and not turning green.  It's a self imposed date they use to keep things moving.

Qweaver

Many years ago, an old Cajun offered to show me how to cook brisket if he could use my pit to enter a big BBQ cook off.  He won the cook off and I learned how to season and slow cook tough cuts of meat.  We have won numerous cook offs since then.  I hate using the shoulder clods but the brisket was nearly twice the cost.  Stupid.
BTW  Brown sugar and salt peter place high on the required Ingredients
We are planning to have a great time!
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Czech_Made

Carson-saws

Absolute CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Yet another perfect example of "true love"  I wish you 50 more.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Qweaver

Thanks for all the good wishes.  We are going to cook  overnight tonight to keep out of the 90 deg + days.  Most of our work is done.  We'll setup tables, chairs and sun covers tonight also and just relax and enjoy til the party is over. The air conditioned house and Man cave will be be full.  Now is when I wish I had drawn the house plans larger. :D

Qweaver

The party is over and the clean up done! whew!  The turn out was great with many old friends seeing each other for the first time in many years.  My favorite college professors showed up and we reminisced about college days and what a great student I was. (NOT)  The meat turned out great and the preacher (Sarah) was good and not too long.  :D  It was well worth all of the work by us and family to make it happen.  My Sister's three tier cake was a work of art. Now we are good for at least another five years if the old ticker keeps working.

Carson-saws

Sounds like a lot of fantastic memories were made to go along with the other 50 years of great memories.  I'm thinkin you need to start planning the next one
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Thank You Sponsors!