iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

working alone on circle mill

Started by SCSawyer, July 15, 2016, 10:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCSawyer

Guys I need input , I work alone a lot on a circle mill, does any one have pics or ideas on a belt or roller system to help offbear or something to help keep boards out of the way, any help or ideas greatly appreciated.
Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

SCSawyer

By the way I have access to unlimited scrap steel and I have a lot of rollers
Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

Kbeitz

I worked at a factory that had a walking off loading table ...
I would think that would work for you.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Don_Papenburg

Check out Lyles' sawmill from Canada. He has a cool setup.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Slingshot

Ron Wenrich

Many mills have a belted offbearer.  Basically, there's a belt that runs next to the saw and takes the boards and slabs away.  My suggestion is that you want belts and not rollers.  Slabs do not run well on rollers as they normally fall bellyside down.  You may also want to have several short belts instead of one long one.  If you have hydraulics, you could put dumps in to separate slabs or heavy timbers out from the other material. 

If you are looking to saw some volume before stacking, then you need a surge area.  You could build yourself a green chain.  Run your material from the belts directly onto a set of chains.  Have your stop switch in your sawyer area.  When your pile gets full, advance the chains.  When you want to stack, go out and separate things.  If you use circle millers set up, your chains would be right where his slab falls. 

I would also have an edger out in this area that would bring the boards back to the green chain.  It all depends on how much you saw, how much you want to invest, and how efficient you want to be.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Tessie

I'm near Summerville/chas. area. I work maint. @papermill...found conveyor on scrap pile w/ frame rollers belt and gear box ...if you go on my profile you might can get an idea ..works good for me ..if you come to chas. sometime be glad to show it..Richard

Thank You Sponsors!