iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pull out the red wooleys....

Started by Murf, November 08, 2004, 10:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murf

Well, it had to happen some time soon.

Every morning Deputy Dawg & I go for our walk in the back forty, camera in hand in case we get surprised by something worthy of the Wild Animals thread.

This morning we were greeted by a different sort of surprise.

We had a cold dry blast come down off the bay last night picking up a lot moisture and bringing us a little surprise this morning.

Deputy Dawg took it all in stride, bouncing around like a fool, rolling in the snow like a goof, getting his good wool coat and hunting vest all full of snow.  :D

The tally for the day was one rabbit, one ruffed grouse and a flock of Turkey, at least 6 that I counted.
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

sprucebunny

It's that time of year here now  8)

You will be needing more than just the woolies to venture up there ;D

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

wiam

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Pete J

That would be my guess too. I don't think I recognize the angle of the photo though. I'm used to the "straight up the hill to Tuckermans Ravine view" from the AMC camp.

sprucebunny

Yup. It's Mt Washington. If it wasn't zoomed, you could also see the big hotel at Bretton Woods.

UNCLEBUCK

Hey isnt that the mountain always featured on the weather channel? Oh how cool , What a view !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

sprucebunny

Mt Washington has the highest recorded wind on Earth ..... 231 mph. :o  Amazingly, there is still a wooden building up there.

The long open area you see going straight up from the base is the Cog Railway. They started running it in the winter for skiers in recent years. It is a major attraction in the summer and you can see the smoke from the coal fired engine, as it reaches the top of the mountain, from miles away.

The pictures make me think of something from Lord of the Rings or a Hans Christian Anderson type illustration.

Murf

Well, that sure beats the heck outta what I get ta see out da window.  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

sprucebunny

That's about 50 miles from where I live .

Some frosty morning I'll get a picture of the view from here ;D

crtreedude

I am just about far enough from the snow down here - but it sure looks pretty.

I will be up that way in September and if the weather is good, I hope to hike the mountain - or probably another peak I haven't yet.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Thank You Sponsors!