iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodmizer bimetal blades

Started by Dave989, July 14, 2016, 11:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave989

Anybody out their using the woodmizer bimetal blades? I really like their performance, but this is the second time they have came back from the resharp service with chipped/Broken teeth.
Check out our Facebook page Timber Beast Sawmilling.
Dave and Hannah

Magicman

Were they chipped/broken when you sent them, or are you saying that ReSharp broke them.  If the latter is true, then you need to call ReSharp.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ladylake

The harder the tooth the easier they break when setting.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Dave989

They were chipped when they came back, not before. I am sending all the blades back in. Unfortunately it will mean I will not be able to mill after tomorrow as I will be out of sharp blades.
Dave and Hannah

JustinW_NZ

I just set my first lot of these myself and didn't have a problem, but they did appear quite stiff I think or springy? cant quite remember as it was a week or two ago I set them (waiting to put other profile wheel on grinder to sharpen them.

I would imagine hitting a small object would be interesting to see if they fly to bits (lost lots of teeth on regular blades that way..)

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

scully

I have run about 8 of them and find them to perform very good ! I destroyed 3 in a row on a walnut log that yeilded more iron than lumber But 1 blade made several more cuts Squaring up the same log after a big hit and cut very well . Once I got to the grade and around the metal I did change it out . On hemlock I found that I got a bunch more BF and spin time than with a normal band . I just droped them off to resharp an hour ago and I will see soon enough what I get back . I will say if I see any broken teeth on any of them I will be very suprized as the Hannibal resharp at WM is in my opinion the most thorough and compatent blade services I have ever seen .
I bleed orange  .

MartyParsons

Hello,
   Talked to Rich Hamman in our Resharp. We have not seen any tooth breakage in the bi metal blades that he has sharpened. We see a few through the equipment each week. Customers seem to have good results with them.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Dave989

Quote from: MartyParsons on July 18, 2016, 09:50:11 PM
Hello,
   Talked to Rich Hamman in our Resharp. We have not seen any tooth breakage in the bi metal blades that he has sharpened. We see a few through the equipment each week. Customers seem to have good results with them.
Marty

Thank you Marty.
The bimetal blades outperform the double hard hands down. I send my blades to Indianapolis resharp. The first batch I sent in I received all new blades back due to a machine error. The second batch after using a couple blades I noticed the chipped teeth when I was installing a fresh blade. I sent the second batch in and when they came back to me, every single blade had chipped and broken teeth. I counted on one blade 39 teeth, nearly all of them were the same set (every 3rd to 6th tooth). Called resharp talked to Nick Burdine, sent the blades back in. Now waiting to hear back on what they think. I also sent in 10 dull blades never been resharpened.
Dave and Hannah

Dave989

I also like the WM resharp service. They do a far better job then anyone else I have ever used. The price is reasonable and it is very convenient to package the blades, then call FedEx to come pick them up at my house.
Dave and Hannah

Magicman

Quote from: Dave989 on July 21, 2016, 10:24:53 PMthen call FedEx to come pick them up at my house.
Would you share that telephone number?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Magicman on July 22, 2016, 07:57:44 AM
Quote from: Dave989 on July 21, 2016, 10:24:53 PMthen call FedEx to come pick them up at my house.
Would you share that telephone number?

MM,

The phone # is 1800463 3339. The phone number and the instructions to get through the phone tree are on the back of the Package returns Program (PRP) label WM re-sharp sends back with each order. If you don't have a label at first call WM and they will mail you a couple. Whole process is pretty easy.

I often tell FedEx the blades will be in the rocking chair on the front porch so I don't have to wait for them to come pick them up.

For me FedEx picks them up and UPS returns them.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Thank You.  I have labels but I have to admit that I have never looked at the back.   :-[

I have a Fed-Ex drop off point within 2 miles of home, but I was just covering my bases.  Also sharing the information on the open FF may help others.

Dave989

Going through the automated FedEx package pickup when calling the number is a huge headache and nearly impossible. So I ask for an operator right away and it is super easy. Maybe I'm not smart enough to use the automateds system lol. I pay $14 to ship the blades, resharp has a deal with FedEx so we actually pay resharp. It gets us a better deal on shipping.
Dave and Hannah

OlJarhead

Frankly I love the BiMetals!  I use both Double Hards and BiMetals and find I get a lot more out of the BiMetals and once they are set (tension) they seem to stay there whereas I find I adjust the Doublehards more.

I have 16 doublehards and 10 BiMetals and use both pretty much interchangeably.  I also have a couple Turbo 7's which came back from Resharp that I haven't had a chance to use again but hope to this weekend.
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Thank You Sponsors!