iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cryosurgery

Started by Magicman, July 13, 2016, 02:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Until this morning I had never had one and now I have had two.  One on my temple and another on my "top knot".  He also wants me to apply castor oil to these "wart looking" spots on my arms.  He said too much cumulative sun.   smiley_sun

Now I am off to the "lung doctor".  Probably too much cumulative sawdust, but I always wear a mask.  Always.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Good luck and good health Lynn!   ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

He said it was asthma and gave me one of those breathing doohickeys.  I ain't satisfied but I'll have to give this a go and see what happens.  I guess that I was pleased that he was not anxious to start pumping me full of meds that I may not need.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

breederman

You should have called , I have 190 gallons of liquid nitrogen in the truck . You could have fixed yourself right up !

Together we got this !

Ox

Heh.  Reminded me of being on the farm as a kid and we used to get into that nitrogen tank and dip some out.  The wild cats around the place didn't like us none too well.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Gary_C

I had two done today too. She froze and scraped them and just squirted nitrogen on some others. One of the scraped one they did a biopsy about a month ago and it was pre-cancerous. Now I go back in a year unless I see something new.

Those puffers for the lungs never seem to do much good. 
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

submarinesailor

I was able to get off my inhaler when they put me on Singulair.  Helped me a lot with the coughing.

Brucer

My brother has had asthma from birth (64 years and counting). He's been using an inhaler since he was old enough to handle it and it works just fine. He's been active all his life -- just doesn't let the asthma get in his way.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

thecfarm

Good luck to ya. I had some problems with a past job. I had inhalers and they seem to help. Doctor gave me samples of one that you see on TV. One that comes in a pill. The pill is pieced and than you inhale.I did not like it. Just did not seem to do the job. I went back to the aerosol one. I carried that everywheres. I left that job and after a few years all seem so much better. In Fact I got free samples of my inhalers. I think my insurance only paid a little and I would have to come up with about $200 a month.   :o All I had to do was call ahead and a little brown bag would be ready for me.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

I had 2 skin cancers removed about 6+ years ago. One on my head and one on back. Everybody said one on head not cancer but I got tired of looking at it and had it cut off. Turned out it was skin cancer so had to come back and have 1 cm margin all around it removed. I could not see the one on my back but Dr did and removed. it was same but easier for second surgery and more skin to work with. Annual check ups ever since have been clear but I try to wear a hat and long sleeves outside now.

The cryosurgery is used almost every trip to remove skin tags and such which don't hurt anything but can be a nuisance if they get rubbed and sore. One squirt with nitrogen, tag falls off, spot is a little tender for a couple days then you forget it was ever there.

Good luck, take care and use precaution.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!