iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

another Forum new guy

Started by road_monkey, November 07, 2004, 05:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

road_monkey

been lurkin here awhile, learnin alot.last year I got an old "wells&Purdy" circle mill, that was originally run with a water turbine. I will be running it with a tractor PTO at first, but I am working on a Ford 300 six power plant.I would like to get the mill set up before winter, but I may not make it(darn snow,who needs it anyway?) I also have a Frick 2 saw edger, 4X4 tractor with forks, 20' gooseneck trailer,50 acres,and a stong desire to make sawdust.  I'm not to good with the computer,gunna try to post a pic of this afternoons project.(I cut and skidded 1200' of hemloch for my mill piers.   steve
   dang my pic was too big,I'll try again later.

rvrdivr

Welcome Road_Monkey. Looking forward to your pics.

customsawyer

Welcome road_monkey glad to have you.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Brad_S.

Welcome, Road Monkey.
Us NY's have made some headway trying catching up to the MI's & MO's. 8)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

DanG

Welcome, Roadmonkey!  Boy, I'm glad to see some of you lurkers coming out of the woodwork! 8)

If you need help gettin' the hang of this pitcher postin thing, shoot me a PM. I'm a 'puter dummie and got it figgered out with a little help from my friends. Maybe I can put it into terms you can understand. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

J_T

Welcome to the Forum  8) Need a spare 300 6cy motor come on down I'll donate it to you ???
Jim Holloway

fstedy

:D ;D :o WELCOME ABOARD :o ;D :D Road Monkey.                                
There's GREAT FOLKS and information here. Try reading the old posts 132 pages I am learning a lot so will you. Again :D ;D :o WELCOME ABOARD :o ;D :D Road Monkey
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Paschale

Welcome, there Road Monkey!  

Here's a picture of a Road Monkey at work...   ;D

http://www.mnhs.org/places/sites/fhc/loads3.html

Is that you?   :D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

road_monkey

heres my first attempt at a resized pic.......

road_monkey

DANG, I sure wish I was'nt so Dang stupid.........

road_monkey

road_monkey

thanks for the warm welcome everybody,I need more practice on the pic resizin and postin thing... JT thanks for the offer on the 300-6, when I wear this one out, I'll be down.

UNCLEBUCK

welcome roadmonkey !  I cant wait to see your mill pics. Nice tractor too !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Gilman

WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

TN_man

Welcome there roadmonkey 8)
Is that tractor a New Holland? I can't tell.
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

road_monkey

thanks for the compliments on the tractor, she's a honey. 2004 New Holland TN65 bucket/forks, quick-tach. I almost didnt spring for the quick attach,boy would I have to kick myself if I didnt.takes about 30 sec.to go from forks to bucket....one word ......HANDY. anybody got some good advice on pier spacing for a circlemill? I was thinking 8' apart, with "X" bracing,any advice?      steve

Percy

Heya Road Monkey.
Welcome and thanks to Paschale for informing us of what a Road Monkey  actually is.... :D :D :D :D....I thought mebey it was like a HIGHWAY CHIMP  or somthin but I was mistaken.
And holy hernia Batman, thats some load for a couple of horses..... :o
Percy
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

MemphisLogger

That is a fine tractor Roadmonkey. I been sawin' out the floors and trim for a house for a horse rancher with one like yours.

He's only tipped it over once.  :o He tried to fork 3 logs worth o' Gum at once onto the trailer--something like 1000 bdft.  :-/

Anyhow, having that tractor there to pick and load logs wore me ragged.  :'(

Wish I had one  ;)  
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

customsawyer

Hey roadmonkey I got a pic of my 7610 with a loader on my post about fish. I was wondering if the clutch peddel on yours was like mine in that you push it more down than forward? mine gets to old knees if you spend much time moving logs and such :(
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

road_monkey

I learned what a road monkey was when I watched a movie about logging called "the lumberjack skypilot". very cool movie, mostly black and white,narrated by an 'old timer that was the camp minister. I figured the old timers here would know what it meant, and get a chuckle out of it. as for the tractor,I sure hope to keep the shiney side up.

redpowerd

lumberjack skypilot- i think i know a bit about this movie, but not sure. i think it may be from the adirondacks. got any more info on it?
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

road_monkey

you're correct, do I have any info? heck, I got the tape.

redpowerd

yea its a pbs flick, from the northern adks and tug hill, right. the dude from rod and reel host it. think the rev frank reed tells the story. ill have to look ya up on the paper map, cause you aint planted a tree on ours! :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

road_monkey

thats right red, sounds like you've seen it before. it starts out pretty slow, but it's great once they start showing the Linn tractors hauling about 8 or 10 sleighs loaded right to the you know what with logs. I have only 1 VCR, but if some one on here wants a copy,I would put up mine to make copies.(as long as I get it back)  I need an 8060 head for a super M I'm doing, got one? or know of any?   ps I didnt know I had to plant a tree on a map, but I'll get it taken care of.   steve

redpowerd

you dont 'have' to plant a tree, but its nice to see NY as forested as possible. ;D and welcome to the forum.

i think my father in law has that flick, its usually shown a few times a year on wnpe. the part where that one truck allmost tips over around that steep corner is incredible. im sure theres a pile of members on here that would love that tape.

if you need a head, ill do some looking, how soon will you need it. i can allmost guarantee i can find one.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Thank You Sponsors!