iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My cancer journey

Started by Ed_K, July 11, 2016, 07:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nativewolf

Sounds like progress!  More you can do in the daytime the happier you'll be and that's a large part of the reason for being here I think. 

I'm a 2x (2 different type) cancer survivor.  A good attitude means you are living longer! 
Liking Walnut

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

Had a talk with my oncology doctor last Thurs. He's telling us the white blood cell count numbers are getting better. I asked when the pains going away and all I get is "it takes a long time" I can't stand that answer. It's now been 4 months since I had the blood cell transplant and I am getting around a lot better,but I lack the energy to work more than a few hours and that is getting to me. I loved my work in the woods and need to get back to it.
Next visit he'll decide on starting a medication to strengthen my bones. It's supposed to add bone tissue to the holes in the bones from the Myloma eating away at them. And another med that will keep the Myloma in check, they can't cure me of the cancer but can keep it in check.
Ed K

slider

Ed  don't get down to this side of the forum much but i am thinking of you and wish you well.
al glenn

Magicman

Thank you for the update Ed.  My prayers continue for your health and strength.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Time,time and more time.  ::)  No answers,but many questions. I am thinking of you through out my day. I will even cut a tree for ya.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

Thanks for the well wishes, it does help.
Cfarm, hope that tree can get on a load and markets are up.
Ed K

Autocar

Sounds good Ed stay strong brother !
Bill

red

Just like we had some real Hot days this summer , and on the Hot days you need to think of the Cold Cold days . So you need to remember some of your tough days and work towards the Good Days in your future.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

thecfarm

That's funny Ed.
I just play with firewood on my land now.

Ed_K

That stick of wood will help keep you warm this winter  ;D .
Red, on those hot days didn't bother much. My arms and legs feel cold when it's hot. It's kind of weird to feel that way  :D .
Ed K

red

When I took blood thinners I was always cold. Now I no longer take them and I have to watch being overheated . Maybe you need plans to be a snow bird ?

Bruno of NH

Ed thinking of you
I'm on a heavy dose of blood thinners I'm cold even when it's hot.
I don't care for them much
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ed_K

Had another visit with the doctor yesterday. After complaining about hurting so much and being told to quit running chainsaws and logging, he told us that I'm at the plateau stage were the myeloma hasn't gone away but isn't making any new cells. So next week they will start me on a maintenance stage where I will get an IV of a drug that will help stabilize bone loss. And I'll take a pill once a day for 21 days to keep the myeloma in check. After 28 days they will do a blood test,if all is ok they'll increase the dosage start again. After a few of these with blood test they wiil be able to tell which dosage is best and I'll take that pill I guess for as long as I live.
Rita got some publications from the International Myeloma Foundation that explains the disease. In one ( Concise Review of the disease and treatment Options) it give a better than 80 percent chance of holding this Myeloma in check. I pray it right.
Ed K

red

Sounds good , keep looking forward to the Good Days . Many thoughts and prayers sent your way .

Magicman

Ed, my prayers continue for a favorable outcome regarding your cancer.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Autocar

Sounds good Ed I am so happy for you ,prayers your way
Bill

thecfarm

80%!!! I like the sounds of that.  8)

barbender

Me too! Hang in there, Ed!
Too many irons in the fire

samandothers

Prayers continue for your strength and improvement!

Ed_K

Yesterday afternoon I got the call to start the 21 day meds. They were going to postpone it as my blood platelets were to low, the doctor looked at the blood tests and decided it will be ok to start  8) . The IV drug that I will take every 3 months will start on the 5th of Sept. this builds up the bone and hopefully fills in the holes where the myeloma damaged them. So here I go  ;) .
Ed K

gww

Ed
8)
If you are jumping for joy, then so am I.
Cheers
gww

Magicman

Thank You Ed for the update.  My prayers will continue for your successful treatment and recovery.

Autocar

Bill

barbender

Thanks for the update, Ed!
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!