Prayers from here
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WDH

Thinking about you Ed.  Hang in there.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ed_K

Ye ha, I made it thru to the other side. Like  brucer and magic man said it is no walk in the park.
On the 22nd  they gave me the chemo that literally kills every cell in your body. On the 24th they put my cells that they harvested a while back back in. This day is my new birthday. I was doing good  till I got two days of bad drug reactions then a virus called RSV ,and a hospital acquired pneumonia . They treated them with an antiviral and antibiotics.
So now I'm home and building up my strength. And actually watching a NASCAR race for the first time in weeks.
Thanks to everyone for helping me thru this. Your words and prayers have really helped.
Ed K

barbender

Ed, thank you so much for keeping us up to date! Keep fighting, friend!
Too many irons in the fire

sawguy21

Good to see you back brother. 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Roxie

HEY!!  There you are!!  Welcome, welcome, welcome back!   8)
Say when

YellowHammer

HAPPY EASTER! 
Wonderful news!
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Magicman

Welcome Home Ed, and Thank You for the update.  My prayers will continue for Healing Grace.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

Good to hear from you!  Prayers continued!

thecfarm

I missed the first stage of the race. I had to put a dishwasher in and than a ride to see the canadian geese,only saw 50. It was a good day. I hope you will have some of them too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Scott

What a journey Ed, great stamina and progress.
~Ron

red

Just a few bumps in the road . Very glad to hear from you.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Stephen Alford

That is wonderful news Ed , home looks go on ya...  :)
logon

Jeff

Ed, I think what you don't realize that you are here as much for us as we are for you, probably more so. Your strength and courage are things that most of us can only hope to have if a time comes where it is called upon. You sir are our inspiration. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

newoodguy78

I don't think it can be said much better than the big guy just put it. Thanks for the update you have been and will remain in my thoughts. You are definitely an inspiration. Best wishes to you and your family sent your way. Stay strong.

Did you end up getting yourself set up with a tablet?

JJ

Hi Ed,
To put it frankly, I have been avoiding this thread (from title) until now, and once I started to read I could not stop until I read all 14 pages of posts.
My experience has been quite different with my family.  I have no cancer history in my family, but on my mom's side everybody died quite sudden from heart disease, usually from sudden massive heart failure.
You however have a fighting chance, where my family, and likely me will die of the silent killer.
Given any choice at all, I would prefer to have a chance to fight against the dark; soldier on,  beat this cancer and live!

Most of all, love your family and the support they give.  I would have given anything to have kept my 4 uncles around for additional months or years.  Now my mum (the youngest now 67) is only one on her side still alive, and I worry a lot as she is now alone since her husband has also die from enlarged heart last year.

Never give up!

JJ

Brucer

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Ed_K

JJ, you can guard against heart problems. Just find questions you need answered and don't let the doctors walk away till your completely satisfied with their answers. If I had looked for problems as to why my hip hurt so much I could have asked for pertinent blood test that would have picked up on the problems.It may not have stopped the cancer but it would have gave me more warning to fight it.

Yes I did get a tablet but fat fingers make it hard to write on it. I've washed my hands so much it's hard to hold onto it.Other than that I like it.
Ed K

thechknhwk

What blood test is that Ed?  Hope you are healing well.

Bruno of NH

Thinking of you Ed
Glad your at home
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ed_K

thechknhwk, If they had run blood test for White blood cells it would have come to light earlier. Also red blood cell test will find problems.

I'm home, but still space in and out a lot so I don't return comments as quick as I should.
Ed K

Roxie

That's okay with us, Ed.   :)
Say when

gww

Quote from roxie

That's okay with us, Ed.   

x2
gww

newoodguy78

X3 you have to take care of yourself first

trapper

dont say much but have been following your journey
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!