iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My cancer journey

Started by Ed_K, July 11, 2016, 07:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Alford

Ed there are folks reading this thread of your journey/struggle that will have to travel this same road, they just don't know it yet. How you have delt with it is nothing short of inspirational.  Good luck my friend.. GIVER   :)
logon

gww

stephen......
QuoteEd there are folks reading this thread of your journey/struggle that will have to travel this same road, they just don't know it yet. How you have delt with it is nothing short of inspirational.  Good luck my friend.. GIVER   
x2
gww

Bruno of NH

Good luck Ed
Will be thinking of you
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ed_K

We made it up OK. Stayed at a place called Maynard house. It works with the hospital for people who need a place to stay while loved one's are hospitalized or waiting for admission to the hospital. They charge $25.00 per person per night.
We got admitted at 7:30 am  and by 9 had me all hooked up to the machine. They are very good with getting the needles in. The machine is like a clarifyer,it spins the blood and separate the cells good from bad. It also takes some platelets out too.
It needs 5 million cells to save for implant. They said it would take one to three day's to complete this. Rita Say's I'm fertilizer in the field ☺. They had enough cells in three hour's to freeze.So we were on our  way home by 3.
The chemotherapy iv plus the shots for ten days really  got to me ,  as I said in my last post, there was a lot of pain involved. The pain  was due to cells being pushed out of the bone marrow. I need to stress this as it is a good pain for once, it tells you it's working. All tho you think your having a heart attack. Your lower back and into your chest will scare you crazy. I found that I could sit in the recliner just so the pain  would subside some and you can sleep that way.
We have another meeting next Thursday for more explanations and sign a consent form for the transplant. Then go back on the 22nd to do it. This takes up to four weeks. The first two weeks are critical, as I won't have any immune  cells and it is real easy to get sick. So that's it for now.
Thanks to everyone for keeping up with my story.
Ed K

Ron Scott

A great story for sure! Great endurance on your part.
~Ron

WDH

Stay put and stay well.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

You keep posting and I'll keep reading.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

Hang in there Ed, you're an inspiration! Praying for you!
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

And Thank You Ed for keeping us in your loop.  Mt prayers will continue for your full and complete recovery.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ed_K

Yesterday we went back up at noon and spent the afternoon going over what they will be doing. Next Wednesday we start the day by putting in a catheter in my right side just below my neck, they will use this to put in the saline, large dose of chemo, blood transfusions and stem cells.
Two day's after the chemo they will put my stem cell's back in. Then we wait for the cell's to start growing.
They said that usually they send the patient home in 14 day's. 100 day's at home for recuperating. The first 4 week's I have to go back for checkups. The first week home I'll be the weakest. Then better each week afterwards.
This whole thing is unbelievable. I went to this hospital 22 year's ago, I couldn't walk from a blown disk, I got from tipping over backwards on a four wheeler dragging a log home for cordwood. They had  me up and walking two day's later, a miracle, I believe. Now I'm there again looking for another.
Oh, you do lose your hair 😂.
Ed K

gww

Hey ed
Hair is over rated anyway.  Wishing you the best.
gww

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Spend time thinking about the things you will do when you get up and going again.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

plantman

I've heard remarkable things about immunotherapy. Immunotherapy is essentially stimulating your own immune system to fight the cancer so it's not going to make you feel worse. Sometimes doctors simply prescribe what they have to offer and don't bring up other therapies that are offered at hospitals outside of the area. President Jimmy Carter received immunotherapy and is doing well.

Bruno of NH

You are tough
You will kick this
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

YellowHammer

Keep the faith, we are praying for you. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

samandothers

red

Just another day . Thoughts and Prayers sent your way .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Roxie

Today you get your catheter.   Thinking of you. 
Say when

Magicman

Ed, I know that you have begun the critical portion of your treatment and these next two weeks will be a vitally important step in your journey toward regaining your health.  My prayers will continue for healing grace for you.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Autocar

Stay strong Ed sounds like your heading in the right direction, prayers your way my friend !
Bill

plantman

Hey Ed , while looking around the internet for methods to help my cousin with Lyme disease I came across this info on immune enhancing mushrooms found in northern forests . Apparently they grow on yellow birch in moist soils. I don't claim to have any experience with this but it might be something to look into.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q2dGq6tISc
https://oriveda.wordpress.com/what-you-should-know-before-buying-mushroom-supplements/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJSHJ6eKHLg

red

Has anyone heard from Ed ?
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

fishpharmer

I'm praying for your return to health Ed!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Brucer

This bone marrow transplant business is pretty debilitating. Ed will be in very rough shape for another 2 to 4 weeks -- don't expect him to be in contact for a while.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!