iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My cancer journey

Started by Ed_K, July 11, 2016, 07:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Thanks, Jeff, Weekend_Sawyer and Roxie. Bruno of NH, yes that is where I've been going. I feel safe there as I had back surgery there 22 yrs ago after all the doctors down here where I live said I'd never walk again. Day after I crawled into Dartmouth I could walk, so I believe they work miracles there.
Ed K

gww

Hey Edd
I will be happy for any miracle that they hand out to you.
Cheers
gww

thecfarm

I hope all goes well for you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

Prayers and thoughts for and to you and your family!

Magicman

My continued prayers are with you Ed. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ed_K

Thank you, to all.   Went to the oncology unit where I've been getting treatments for the last 8 months. The doctor explained this next procedure of collecting the cells. Getting the big dose of chemo. Then growing the new cells needed for the transplant. Then spending the time in the care ward at Dartmouth Hitchcock cancer center. It's a long haul but I know it's needed for me to beat this thing. So I signed the consent and said lets get on with it. Still scary tho.
Ed K

Jim_Rogers

Just remember you have lots of FF members praying for you everyday. And we're all right there beside you, in spirit.
Take care and get well soon.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Ed_K

Hi Jim, I'm glad to have everyone thinking and praying for me. I've been shopping for a tablet to take with me so I can keep up with everyone here on the Forestry Forum. I recently got hooked on the sawing and milling thread. I have the small ez Baker mill that I intend to use to make lumber for small projects. I've been reading there to find ways to make the mill run better, look at everyone's building projects and learn how to sharpen blade with a used dina saw grinder. So I'll be reading what ya'all are doing while I'm rebuilding cells to come home. And use the shop I've been working on, to keep busy if I can't go logging any more. Thanks to all on the Forestry Forum.
Ed K

petefrom bearswamp

Ed, Thoughts and prayers here for a SUCCESSFUL journey
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Bruno of NH

Good luck Ed
They saved my life there on Christmas Day
You are in good hands :)
I live not far from DHMC .
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

Every day prayers for you and Bruno.
So Ed do you think logging is easier than chemo?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Praying for you Ed. You're a tough old bird. I admire you for sharing your journey and your bravery.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawguy21

Hang in there buddy. My wife is dealing with the dreaded C and there is no easy answer. It is not what we signed up for but this is the hand we have been dealt so we play it the best we can.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Autocar

God is good all the time, prayers every day your way Ed also Sawguy21 will add your wife on my list of prayers !
Bill

newoodguy78

Stay strong and I send well wishes and prayers your way.
For what it's worth I have the IPad mini and have really grown to like it, it's also very easy to learn and use.

Ed_K

Thanks everyone, sawguy21, I have prayers for your wife and you also. We will fight this 8).
  Peter Drouin, Yes I think logging is easier than chemo. With logging you get tired at the end of the day (which is alway a great day)when you get up next morning your raring to go. With chemo your tried every morning and it's a chore to get out of bed, but you do.
Ed K

Peter Drouin

I thought so Ed-K, Best of luck to ya.
Are you watching the race at Daytona 500?
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Ed_K

Peter, I have to admit I tried to watch the 500. I relied on my son Chris to explain what they were doing with the rules. With him gone it was hard. I had a big shot of chemo on Fri. Sat there for 6 hours. This killed enough cells to make my bone marrow start building new ones. Now Rita is giving me shots for 10 days to push the cells out into my blood so next Mon.they can take them out. On the 22nd I go back to Dartmouth where they will do the big chemo then put the saved cells back. Then it's a wait and see how good it worked.
I'm learning how to use this tablet so I can keep up with what y'all are up to.
Ed K

Peter Drouin

Lets hope it goes well.
How fast have you driving a car or truck?
On a track at 200 miles an hour must be a blast.
I remember back in the 70s going down I93 at 100 passing beers between 2 cars, stupid I know. But what fun. I had a 1972 duster 340 with a 4 speed, Pass anything but a gas station. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Hi Ed,I sure do hope things go well for you.
If a big fan of racing,or really watching TV,we just bought a 70 inch TV. :o   That brings EVERYTHING to life size. I don't watch much TV,but do watch movies. WOW!!! Now we need to invest in Bluray and a surround sound and will really have it made. This TV is just about as good as having a 3 point winch on the back of a tractor.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

Ed, if Cowboy Bob can learn to use an iphone, you can learn that tablet.   :D  I have confidence in you. 
Say when

Ed_K

I had an awful hard time coming to grips with the desk top. Putters are not my strong suit. But I think I'd go nuts if I can't check in on the FF.
As far as going fast 72 ford mavric 302 4 speed at 135 racing a heavy chevy out of Portsmouth, N.H. Ya I got caught  :D . $300 and 6 months loss of lic. Can't do that now a days  ;D .
Ed K

Peter Drouin

8) :D :D :D That's fast.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

sawguy21

:D :D I was talking to a retired RCMP officer who had served in the local detachment. He asked me if I was one of those he used to run in on a Saturday night. I said no but I gave you plenty of opportunity. I liked speed too. ;)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ed_K

Friday the 24th, we went to the oncology dept. here at home and got the chemo injection to start the cell harvest. Since then Rita has been giving me shots to make the good cells come out of the bone marrow.
Tomorrow we go the Dartmouth to start the harvest. They say if they can get 5 million cells first day it would be great, but it could take 2, or 3 days if they have a hard time with getting a place in each arm to do it. If it don't work they will put a catheter in my shoulder to get blood.
With this chemo injection, it's supposed to tell the bone marrow that something is attacking my system and make more cells to fight it.
Well they only mentioned that I would have pain in my back, joints and large bones. Wow  :o :( this pain is worse than when I ruptured my L4-L5 disk. We called them back yesterday morning to hear, it only last 24 hrs.  >:( . It started Fri.630pm and has finally slowed this morning.
I still have pain but I can at least sit and make it go away. Pain meds dulled it some but I don't know how it'll be riding up to Lebanon, N. H. to stay over night tonight. Thought it better than trying to drive up at 5 am to be there for 7:30 am. there's a half way house we can stay in.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!