iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My cancer journey

Started by Ed_K, July 11, 2016, 07:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilly3879

Prayers and best wishes for you. My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer and the prognosis was 6 months to a year. It is now 10 years later and she is cancer free. Chemo worked for her. The best advice she got from my Dr. friend who also is suffering from cancer was to stay off the internet.

Hang in there.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

loggah

Ed, Stay strong everyone is pulling for you !!! Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

isawlogs

I am not very good with words of comfort, but don't give up..... Never give up. My daughter beat leukemia 12 years ago, with all odds against her, anything can be beat if one can fight enough to be it! Keep your mind in positive thoughts!!    Never, ever, ever give in.... Never!    :snowball:

Marcel.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

mf40diesel

Sending my thoughts to you as well.  As everyone else has said,  stay strong.  Best of luck to you and your family.
John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

Magicman

Ed, My Prayers are with you during this difficult time in your life. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

62oliver

You're in ours prayers Ed, I still laugh every time I think of when you said you baked your gearmatic winch bands in the oven when your wife was  at church, haha, so funny!!! Hang in there man!!
Husqvarna 266, Case 90xt, JD310C, TJ240E, 02 Duramax

tantoy

thinking of you and all the truly positive answers you gave to me while working on my Garrett.
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

thecfarm

Yes,good advice about staying off the internet.  :o  I had an MRI done for something. Found out I am missing a bone below my neck. Can shove a finger in there. Been like that for 40 years at that time. I forgot what it is called,can't spell it anyways. I looked it up on the internet and some claimed they had operated on it.  ::) And on and on it went. And I do mean on and on.I went back to the Doctor and told him all this and he looked at me and said,you made it this far without that bone,I kinda think you will make it longer.   :D  Dummy me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DanG

Prayers are up from here, Ed. I hate the nature of the news, but I'm glad you shared it with us.  There is nothing pleasant about the road you're traveling right now, but clinging to your faith and your sense of humor will help to smooth some of the bumps.  I know you will miss logging, but sharing your accumulated knowledge is a way to keep yourself in it and your mind off of your troubles.  Hang in there Brother, and keep us up to date. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Carson-saws

Wishing you all the VERY best Sir.  Stay strong and keep looking at that cup as half full. 
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

square1

WDH

Ed,

Thank you for sharing this difficult news.  Like has been said, keep the faith and you can manage through this. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

timberlinetree

Our hearts,thoughts and prays are with you and your wife! You both are some of the nicest people around! Need anything please let us know! Hang in their  and stay strong Ed k!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Ed_K

Well when they tell you your amune system is going to get hit hard, believe it. I started chemo last Tue. and by midnight thursday was admitted to the hosp. with 103. temp came home yesterday and still no energy. But I'm still on schedual so it's a shot tomorrow. And keep from getting sick, worst is I can't have friends stop by to talk for 3 months.
Ed K

samandothers

Sorry about the friends visits.  You'll need to let your fingers do your talking!

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ed_K

Today I also got medicine, (it's kind of like cambium juice) to start building up my bones. If they would talk in terms I can understand it wouldn't be so bad  ;D .
Ed K

gww

Ed
QuoteIf they would talk in terms I can understand it wouldn't be so bad  .
Aint that the truth.
Good luck
gww

thecfarm

I read this thread each morning and each night.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Thank you Ed for the update.  My Prayers will continue for you.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ed_K

Here's something I should have explained, I went to my regular doctor for pain so bad in my lower back that I couldn't bend over,and the last day in the woods I got so bad I couldn't start the saw. So doctor sends me over to the er they did a bunch of test, and one stood wayyy out.
The white blood cell count was real low. That's how the found the cancer. That test should be part of a yearly physical. Once on the meds my back hurts less than it did 2 yrs ago.
Ed K

Autocar

I agree with you Ed some test should be done every year at your check up. I have to go evey six months to get my blood pressure pills. I would give anything almost to get away from all the pills a fellow takes as he gets older. I'll tell you a joke and I hope it will bring a smile to your face. One sunday morning this little church was packed with people. All of a sudden satan rips open the back doors and comes running and screaming into the church. Peoples running like a bunch of barn rats trying to get out of a barn fire. About five rows back this old man just sits there. Satan walks up to him and says DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM and the old man say YEP I KNOW and satan says why arn't you scared of me. And the old man says IVE BEEN MARRIED TO YOUR SISTER FOR FORTHY TWO YEARS. Have a great day and our prayers are with you daily.
Bill

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!