Sponsors:

My cancer journey

Started by Ed_K, July 11, 2016, 07:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

I'll be praying for you, Ed.
Too many irons in the fire

red

Your not asking for help. You were just letting us be part of dealing with this nasty disease . Life can change very quickly . I believe in miracles and I am praying for your good health . But if we need to pray for a miracle I will pray for that too .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

MJD

Prayers sent from Wisconsin Ed, stay positive.

Seaman

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

oldseabee

Sorry to hear what has happened, to you, I'm not much on praying, but I said one for you, cancer seems to look for the good guys among us that try to live right. I've been fighting it for about 4 years, now a month into a new chemo to try it out, I'm like you,  just get mad cause I can't do what I used to do, just get out of breath taking a shower. Also said a little prayer for your family, it's got to be hard on them too.
I have this forum to give me a little way to give back, my brain seems to be ok so far but with a tumor between my eyes who knows what the next day will bring, brain drain or loss of sight. Just keep fighting, and don't give up. Woods people are tough, and there are a bunch here pulling for you.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Stephen Alford

Sorry to be reading this my friend , tough times but your the lad to get through this.  One step at a time, one day at a time. Thoughts and prayers going your way.  Stephen
logon

Czech_Made

Mooseknuckle

Hey Big Ed, thanks for having the courage to share these tough times with us all. Its experiences like this that make me really think hard when I start stewing about something that is really no big deal at all. Just when you think you have it tough there is always someone else that is going through something much more difficult. You my friend are that person.  I can tell you that what doesnt put you down will only make you stronger. Like someone said previously, stay positive, lots of positive self talk, visualization, some breathing techniques to keep you grounded, and of course goal setting..... to first sharpen that saw then when the time is right pick it up, rip that cord and do what you do best!!!  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family hold strong Ed, Hold STRONG!!
Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

teakwood

Sorry to hear that. i wish you all the strength to overcome those issues! Hang in there, you will triumph!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

scottj

Just read the message you posted Ed. You are sure I'm my prayers. I've always heard these valleys we go through are for a reason even though we may not understand them at the time. If we put our faith and hope in our Lord Jesus Christ these valleys we experience will not be accompanied alone but with the greatest super power known to man. This is really the first time I ever posted anything and not really sure I'm even doing right lol but when looking around I felt led to respond. Blessings to u bro.

Texas Ranger

Keep the faith, brother, prayers offered.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Gary_C

Stay positive Ed. My father lived with one of those blood cancers for many years and at 92 years old it wasn't what got him. We are pulling for you.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Ohio_Bill

I am praying God gives you Peace, Hope and Wellness.
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

78NHTFY

EdK--have always enjoyed your posts, but not this one!  That said, I don't pray much, but I have for you.  One day at a time, stay positive, eat right, and you will beat this thing....We're all with you!  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Autocar

Ed our prayers will be for you and your family, and I will put you on our prayer chain at church. Ive always enjoyed your post stay strong and in time your be back logging. And as you go thru this just remember you have a bunch of great guys praying and thinking of you.
Bill

Roxie

You're in my thoughts Ed.  So sorry you have to have this experience so close to the loss of your son.  Stay strong. 
Say when

Hilltop366

Tough row to hoe Ed, wishing you all the best and will be watching for better news in the future.

mills

My prayer for you is that God bestows his strength and wisdom to help you through these ordeals.

Ed, I've really appreciated your common sense post through the years. Please log in when you can. We enjoy hearing from you.

Ed_K

It's been a long day, I'd like to make comments but just can't. Thanks so much, it really does help.
Ed K

thecfarm

I was thinking of you as I went upon my duties for the day.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

millcreek40

Prayers from upstate New York to you & your family. Rob
Two 240A Timberjacks, Mack log truck, Multitek 2040 wood processor.

gww

The post so far that speaks to your situation that resinates with me the most is the one that basically says that I can't believe that I was worried about my problims, they seem small compared to yours.  There is no real way that I know to give comfort.  It makes me think of the serinity prayer that basically say accept the thing you can't change and change the ones you can. Life is a struggle and some are faced with more then others.  Wishing with all my might that I might think of a way to help and hoping that my post doesn't make things worse.  You have what you have to face and there is no getting out of it.  May you find a way to have some blessing threw in along with the pain.
I am praying that things go as well as possible and wishing you only the best.
gww

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Piston

Thinking of you and your family Ed. It's never good to read bad news but I do believe that sharing it can make you stronger.
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Thank You Sponsors!