Previous topic - Next topic

teed

On my homestead, I mill with.
Logosol B1001 bandsaw mill
Woodland mill HM122 bandsaw mill
Logosol F2 with Speedsaw E5 chainsaw mill
Logosol Farmers with Stihl MS391 and MS661

John Mc

Nice!  Does the drive on your trailer help you control your speed coming down the hills? I've often wondered about the braking power when pulling a heavy load with an ATV. Seems like this could help, if it doesn't freewheel when going down hill.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

teed

Quote from: John Mc on July 11, 2016, 08:10:08 AM
Nice!  Does the drive on your trailer help you control your speed coming down the hills? I've often wondered about the braking power when pulling a heavy load with an ATV. Seems like this could help, if it doesn't freewheel when going down hill.

It keeps a steady low speed, there is an addon which enables it to stop pumping oil when you brakes. It's brakes of the trailer pretty good as it goes heavy for the engine to pump the oil. Thinking to put it in my trailer

Czech_Made

Love the video, thanks for sharing, that is a lot of work and travel for just few logs.

Did you drag the wood out before the trailer?

Czech_Made

I use my jeep for logging, when I am lucky there is a tractor with a loader too.

g_man

Great video teed. Shows what that thing can do. Pretty nice set up !!

gg

WV Sawmiller

I generally pull my logs off the mountainside with a 650 Kawasaki and a homemade logging arch and sure am envious of your rig. Are you selling the lumber or using it for your own use? Looks like an awful lot of work to pull that many logs. Are you finding your enterprise is profitable so far?

Keep on posting and for goodness sakes be careful out there.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

teed

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on July 11, 2016, 11:26:03 AM
   I generally pull my logs off the mountainside with a 650 Kawasaki and a homemade logging arch and sure am envious of your rig. Are you selling the lumber or using it for your own use? Looks like an awful lot of work to pull that many logs. Are you finding your enterprise is profitable so far?

Keep on posting and for goodness sakes be careful out there.

Normally I do not take the tree that is so bad. But I promised the landowner to get all the trees  ::)
And it is more fun to shoot video  on those hard to get  :D :D Drive on level ground, everyone can ;)
I have a small sawmill and normely i saw hardwood and not softwood

teed

Quote from: Czech_Made on July 11, 2016, 08:57:44 AM
Love the video, thanks for sharing, that is a lot of work and travel for just few logs.

Did you drag the wood out before the trailer?

I had a small run before this. Has probably been shown this film before here.
Remember that this is not how I normally do it, but it becomes more enjoyable film, if you shote on some stupid ideas ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvRmykI3wR4

Ox

Love your videos.  They seem to calm me.  I hope you continue to have good health and are able to keep doing what you want to do.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

BargeMonkey

I'm impressed.  :D. Wish there was a couple guys with a set up like that around here to utilize stuff we leave that isn't cost efficient to skid out.

Czech_Made

And it comes out of the woods much cleaner than dragged logs too.

John Mc

Nice videos. Do you notice a lot of difference between what you could do with your new trailer compared to the old one?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

teed

Quote from: John Mc on July 12, 2016, 08:18:26 AM
Nice videos. Do you notice a lot of difference between what you could do with your new trailer compared to the old one?

There is a difference like night and day. I can take me to places that I hardly comes without trailer. It makes a huge difference to have traction on all 8 wheels.

Ed_K

If I had a trailer like that in 1998, I probably wouldn't have a 60 hp looking for a 90 hp  ;) .
Ed K

Chop Shop

Whats a trailer like this cost?    Is it productive or more just for fun?

John Mc

I've seen some similar for around $8000 in the US. Without the driven wheels, they are less.

As far as productivity, others will have to answer that, but remember, they are designed to be pulled behind an ATV or compact tractor.

teed

Quote from: Chop Shop on July 13, 2016, 11:58:27 AM
Whats a trailer like this cost?    Is it productive or more just for fun?

Probably depends a bit on how you count. In sweden it is quite common with this type of machinery, is used primarily by landowners who do not want to destroy their forest land with heavy machinery. In sweden this ars sold as "thinning" wagon. So you can easily get in among the trees and retrieve the logs. Then these smaller logs are sold for the paper industry.

Czech_Made

I have seen thinning done this way over in Czech.

but myself I would be much more comfortable using motorized vehicle   :)

thecfarm

Czech,I like the way that picture was taken.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

teed

Quote from: Czech_Made on July 14, 2016, 07:43:39 AM

Also available for horse  8)

Czech_Made

Quote from: teed on July 14, 2016, 11:10:12 AM
Quote from: Czech_Made on July 14, 2016, 07:43:39 AM

Also available for horse  8)

Very nice  ;D

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Czech_Made

teed

gimpy

The romance of using animals.

However, there is something to say for not having to fetch the animal, harness them up, get them to the location. Then getting them to cooperate in the process. It's kind of nice going into the garage, getting on the 4wheeler, turning the key and off you go. When I get home, it's pulled into the garage, filled with fuel and turn the lights out.

Just having my dog with me is enough now days.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

Thank You Sponsors!