iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new log trailer

Started by teed, July 09, 2016, 08:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teed

I have just received my new forest trailer for my Grizzly. With hydraulic operation of the wheels so I get 8 wheel drive.  8) 8)

On my homestead, I mill with.
Logosol B1001 bandsaw mill
Woodland mill HM122 bandsaw mill
Logosol F2 with Speedsaw E5 chainsaw mill
Logosol Farmers with Stihl MS391 and MS661

kensfarm

That is a really cool setup.. def. speed up the wood hauling.

thecfarm

That looks like it will help out alot. On my land that 8 wheel would be in use on every trip on the way out of the woods. I could haul a load of rocks in and a load of wood out.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ford_man

Looks like it has a winch on it. That would be real handy.

John Mc

Teed - can you provide a link to the manufacturer of that trailer? I can't quite read the name in the photo.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

teed

Quote from: John Mc on July 10, 2016, 02:03:16 PM
Teed - can you provide a link to the manufacturer of that trailer? I can;t quite read the name in the photo.

I live in sweden, so it is a Swedish supplier that you find on https://www.bonnet.se/atv-fritid-1/atv-vagnar/skogsvagn-med-hydraulisk-kran
But think it is the same as this http://www.vahvajussi.com/en/

teed

Quote from: Ford_man on July 10, 2016, 09:28:47 AM
Looks like it has a winch on it. That would be real handy.

It is a hydraulic winch on it. Strong as an ox and fast as a cougar ;)

Czech_Made

I am envious sir, nice setup  ;D

The best help I can have is a tractor loader using chain with hooks,  much better than my own back.

John Mc

I've been looking at similar trailers to pull behind my compact tractor. I've looked online at the Vahva Jussi trailers, and a couple of other brands, but just have not been able to justify the cost. I'd would be mostly for personal use and helping out some friends I cut firewood and the occasional saw log with.

There seems to be a big jump in pricing in what's available. There are several trailers around the $1600 price range (or less), but they are too light-duty for what I need. Only rated for 1 ton or less, with manual crank hoist. Then a big jump up to $7,000 or more. The more expensive ones are very nice trailers, just more than I'm ready to pay right now.

Since I already had a logging winch for my tractor, I recently added a log grapple for the loader. I have an old homemade utility trailer, but it's not the greatest for work in the woods.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

starmac

I looked one of these over I ran across driving through Alberta a couple of months ago.
The one I looked at was built in china, but looked fairly well built for what it was. The thing I lkied about the way the hydraulic drive works is it will also work to hold the load back going down some steeper hills.
It was in the 7000 dollar range, which is kinda of high to my thinking for hobby use, and not really big nor robust for commercial use.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Thank You Sponsors!