iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

is the heat stopping anyone else ?

Started by SCSawyer, July 08, 2016, 04:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCSawyer

Well I got off work early today and was planning on sawing , got home and the weather station in my yard says 100deg, needless to say I'm sitting in the recliner until the sun gets behind the mountain.
Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

Ox

We haven't gotten that hot up here, *only* in the 90s.  It stops me every day.  Can't take the heat so I stay outta the kitchen.  High humidity as well so I only get a little time in the morning and that's it.  To heck with all of it.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

fishfighter

I get out at the break of daylight and call it a day by 9am most days. :(  98F with a heat index of 107F today.

Magicman

I am scheduled to get back to sawing Monday.  I ain't looking forward to it.   smiley_sweat_drop smiley_thumbsdown smiley_sun
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nomad

Me too.  The weather we've got down here right now, half a day is it for me, MAX!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

lshobie

we can only get about 1600bf in about 6 hrs, too hot.......time is tight!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz95hJqOXyY
John Deere 440 Skidder, C5 Treefarmer,  Metavic Forwarder, Massey 2500 Forklift, Hyundai HL730 Wheel Loader, Woodmizer LT40, Valley Edger,  Alaskan Mill, Huskys, Stihls, and echos.

chevytaHOE5674

What's this "heat" that you all speak of. High temp today barely hit 60°F, with a cool north wind. Had long sleeves on and had the heat on in the tractor cab.....

gww

I was building a 20x48 foot machine shed and got the roof on two days before it went to the 90+degree mark.  I have not did one thing since then.  Have not even picked up the board ends that I have left over and that are in a pile on the ground.  I am talking lazyboy time.  I used to get up at 5 am.  I am getting up at seven and it is all ready steamy by then.  I have started out side and picked maby one board up and said heck with this.

The shed still needs 3 walls if I go that far and I am waiting for my next big spert of energy.  Till then I am blaming the heat.
Cheers
gww

paul case

Not stopped.

Hours changed to 6 to 12:30 and we are under a roof with fans going. By noon we are ready to throw in our sweat drenched towel!

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

SCSawyer

I have got to get a ton off stuff done before the seasons change, I need a 16x40 hay shed, a 10x30 primate barn and I need to get a 16x40 sawmill shed all, sawn out and put up by myself before winter, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

carykong

Yup
It's hot here,too
Stabbed 4 sides to nice
Yellow pine log today and then called it a day

Brucer

What's heat? :D

We had our hot spell last month -- 4 weeks earlier than any other year. Then it got cold again. I've had to light a fire in  the wood stove the last 3 mornings to take the chill off ::).
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

WDH

It has been awful hot here.  I can make it to early or mid-afternoon, but slowly.  Yesterday it was 100 degrees.

At 7:00 a.m. it is 80 degrees with 79% humidity.  Going to be a real rough one today.  Without the sawshed and fans, I would be toast.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishfighter

Was sitting on the patio this morning drinking my coffee as I do every morning. So DanG hot already, I think I will do nothing today. :( DanG pool water is so hot that one can't swim in it. >:( Going to drain off some and add fresh cool water.

sawwood

Yep to hot here and JR and I with past heart trouble we have not been sawing any. I was been
in the high 90's with high due point. The only thing that's the heat is good for is the solar kiln.
Its been at 140 degs most day so the oak and ash will be done soon. Sure would like the cooler
weather as we have three more logs we need to mill be for JR goes to Texas for the winter.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Chuck White

I won't be sawing until the heat index changes a few degrees!   smiley_sweat_drop   smiley_sun
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

opticsguy

North of Seattle, I am cold this morning, 58 degrees.  Should be about almost 70 by end of the day, cant find any excuse not to be working....... but I will find one.......
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

kelLOGg

I'm going to the mill to do maintenance but not to saw until Monday when we get into the low 90s. The RH is stifling.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Solomon

I'm on the coast of  Virginia ,  it's been in the mid 90's here.
I have a lot of customers calling and I'm telling them  "When the weather cools off",     I'm just not milling in this heat,  I'm  55  not  25 years old.  Can't run with the young Bucks any more.
  I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

Sixacresand

I do a couple hours in the morning if I can start soon enough.  And another couple hours after supper if it's not lightning and raining.  Milling is definitely not a Summer Sport.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Percy

Quote from: Brucer on July 09, 2016, 12:29:22 AM
What's heat? :D

We had our hot spell last month -- 4 weeks earlier than any other year. Then it got cold again. I've had to light a fire in  the wood stove the last 3 mornings to take the chill off ::).
Been the same up here. The odd nice day but generally cold as a bankers heart.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

ellmoe

Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

fishfighter

Against my better judgment, I went out and did some work on the camp. Like to black out. Having all kinds of body cramps. :( Done hit the vinegar twice and no help. :(

SCSawyer

Glad to see I'm not the only one.  Its been upper 90's , I'm just not doing it

BigZ La

Quote from: fishfighter on July 09, 2016, 01:55:44 PM
Against my better judgment, I went out and did some work on the camp. Like to black out. Having all kinds of body cramps. :( Done hit the vinegar twice and no help. :(

I use Potassium Gluconate for muscle cramps It works as soon as I take it.

Thank You Sponsors!