iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Weekend Project...

Started by LittleJohn, July 06, 2016, 12:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleJohn

So over the long July 4th weekend the following project was complete around the house; rake up all the FREAKING wood chips and replace with rocks (5 yards worth).  Then put "old" wood chips around raised beds garden, cause we are on SOLID clay, then build bunny/critter fence around entire garden, about 20'x25' .

...I think it turned out OK, still needs some gates to keep the kids out but a nice summer project.  BTW corner posts are 4' above ground and 3' below, cause who won't hang on them when they run around the corner.  Also eventually the wife, will get some hooks to hang plants off the 4x4 posts.

Project for next year is to replace wooden raised beds, with rock/brick POTENTIALLY

mesquite buckeye

Looking good.  ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Now ain't that sumin! I likes it.
It appears its a little cooler where you are than it is in South Carolina.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

lowpolyjoe

Great looking garden!

I need a top on my mine or else random critters will eat everything (deer, groundhogs, etc...).

WDH

Nice project.  That should do the trick.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Looks good!!! BUT post 3 feet in the ground???  :o  Post hole digger? Never happen on my land. All those rocks under the dirt would cause some problems with anything going down 3 feet.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LittleJohn

Quote from: thecfarm on July 06, 2016, 09:41:46 PM
Looks good!!! BUT post 3 feet in the ground???  :o  Post hole digger? Never happen on my land. All those rocks under the dirt would cause some problems with anything going down 3 feet.

...I had my doubt too about going that deep, but with solid clay and a hand powered post hole auger it was easy, until I hit the 3 rocks on my whole property.  By the way it was in the mid 80s+ when I was digging the holes. 

Also not too many deer in town, just bunnies and the kids (twin 3.5yo) who EAT EVERYTHING, I fear when they are teenagers

LittleJohn

terrifictimbersllc

How you going to get those rabbits to wait at the gate?  :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!