iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberking 1400 hydrolics problem

Started by Wife of sawyer, July 04, 2016, 03:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wife of sawyer

We recently purchased a brand new Timbering 1400 and have only used it for 11 hours when we started having a problem with the hydrolics. The mill just creeps up/down or forward/back. Has anyone experienced this? We will be calling Timbering tomorrow, but can't yet since its a holiday weekend.

tnaz

Welcome y'all to the forum. Can't help with your problem but someone will chime in shortly.  Wouldn't think it would be much it being new.  Is there by chance a Hydraulic reduction valve that may have been closed to much?

Oh; us folks that don't have a mill sure like pictures.

Good Luck and enjoy that new mill,

Terry

Wife of sawyer

Thank you Terry! I will have to saw we are a bit frustrated with it right now. And the problem has progressively gotten worse since it started to creep to now not having any movement when trying to make it go up/down or back/forward.

tnaz

There has been talk of loose grounds, may check all connections?

TimGA

Wife,
        I have a TK2000, It could be a couple of things, I suggest calling TK in am speak with Mike or Jason in service. They will trouble shoot it for you, it won't take long. You will be sawing in no time. Welcome to the forum, where are you located.
                                          Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

Tom the Sawyer

I have a different model TK but when it had about the same # of hours, I had a similar problem.  Check the set screw in the drive gear on the hydraulic motor shaft that drives the head.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Wife of sawyer

Thank you all for the input in trying to help us out!! It's in TK hands now.

tnaz

Let us know what the out come is/was, it could help others.

tnaz

TimGA

Wife,
         What seemed to be the problem?
                                Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

APatschke

tnaz

Glad y'all got it figured out.
And welcome to the forum.

Terry

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, APatschke.  Adding your location and sawmill to your profile will help us to remember.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!