iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CEDAR OUTHOUSE #2

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, July 04, 2016, 12:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Just finished this project up this morning at around 6:30 am.....trying to beat the heat but didn't beat the humidity.  :D

This Outhouse house is built from all Eastern Red Cedar with the exception of the rafters, they are Pine and stained to look like Cedar.

It stands 4' x 4' x 8' tall to the peak.
Lap siding walls, Ship lapped floors and architectural shingles.
The OUTHOUSE sign painted on Black Walnut.
Door handle made from a Deer antler.
Lantern hook and a hook on the right side was made from 60 penny nails.
Door and window hardware came from Lowe's.
Window shutters open, close and lock from inside.

Now the brick foundation is all made from Cedar. I sawed the Cedar boards on my Woodmizer to the width of a brick and chop sawed each brick. Kirk sanded, stained and wiped each brick to look authentic.
The mortar is made from exterior plywood and painted with an exterior oil, grey paint.

On the front gable I added an ugly old piece of Cedar I found and sanded. Pretty cool.

The Cedar floor joist were installed in a way to where the customer can saw a hole and plumb and install a real working toilet.

The wood on the exterior was soaked 3 times with diesel and tongue oil. It really brightened the Cedar up.

Kirk and I worked on this for about a month. I likes it!  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Mooseherder

Amazing work.  I love it. :)

rjwoelk

It would be pleasure to sh, si, ok, think, in one so beautifully created.  :)
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Left Coast Chris

Next will be the seat(s) so you will have to decide if it will be a one or two seater......?          then move it over a properly constructed hole......

After that you will be able to do a test run and see if the cedar detracts from the natural aroma.   Once working you will be able to say you are taking all steps to properly eliminate waste in your operation :) :) 8)

Great work....... it is a real beauty and good conversation piece.   
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Left Coast Chris on July 04, 2016, 02:42:43 PM
....... and good conversation piece.

Yep, you're reply is the longest.  :D

Mooseherder

The Cedar Outhouse may be even more Popular than the Popler Outhouse. ;)
Did I tell you I love it?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on July 04, 2016, 03:18:37 PM
The Cedar Outhouse may be even more Popular than the Popler Outhouse. ;)
Did I tell you I love it?

However.....both of them on the inside smell like Ashe.  :D

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

fishpharmer

She's built like a cedar brick...er...outhouse! Awesome!! 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

drobertson

once again you did another good one,, heck of an idea, nice job tying it all together,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

69bronco

That brickwork is slick!

21incher

They keep getting better. Nice job. I think those bricks would go over big at Home Depot.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

thecfarm

I need one of those. But mine won't look as good as that. That is a mighty fine out house. I need one when we have a go cart party.The house is about 500-600 feet away. Really a walk for anyone,both ways. Most drive up to the house.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

MikeZ

Excellent work on a crap shack--$300?  :o
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

MikeZ

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Den Socling

Does it have a magazine rack?  :D

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Woodey

WoW, that is nice.
I like the way you dressed it up with all the extra's...
WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

WDH

The pine straw is a nice touch.  Keeps you from tracking mud inside  :D.

Man, I love that one.  Simply fantastic.  You have outdone yourself, again. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

OffGrid973

Not sure I like the removal of the floating bar, hopefully this can still be included as a $300 add on  8)

#BestDumpShackSoFar
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

WV Sawmiller

Does it have a holder for corn cobs - 3 red then a white?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

isawlogs

That out house is one of the best lookin' ones I've yet to see!     :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

I commend you and Kirk on your innovative ideas and superb craftsmanship. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!