iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just saying hello

Started by BigZ La, July 03, 2016, 11:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigZ La

Thanks to everyone here who posts as I've been reading for the last year or so and finally joined up. I recently bought a Corley round blade mill and it will be a while before it's ready to go but I've got plenty of things to ask and learn. Again thanks to all who contribute as I've learned so much just reading.

tnaz

Welcome BigZ La, lots and lots of good info here.  Good luck with that Corley and looking forward to some pictures too.

Terry

slider

Good luck with your project Bigz
al glenn

brb

Come on in! Happy to see another circle mill saved!! Good luck on the project.

thecfarm

Glad you joined us and started to post.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, BigZ La!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

samandothers

Welcome to the FF posting world!   Great reading but also great bunch of folks on here to help answer questions.

Brad_bb

Welcome!  Do you understand how to post pics on this forum.  Now is a good time to learn.  Have you ever made videos?  You can learn to edit pretty easy and post vids to youtube!  Just ask if you need help.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

BigZ La

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not extremely computer savy and will have to learn how to post pics.

I picked the mill up about a month or so ago and it need ALOT of work, no blade or guide. I happened upon another circle mill that's operational and the guy was extremely nice and will be very helpful with knowledge. He says he has a guide that I can get from him. Talking around I've found a blade and a edger I'm supposed to go look at in a couple of weeks.

It's a really long term project. Don't expect to be sawing in the next couple of years but I'm shooting for some quartersawn lumber of old.

My grandfather worked in the cypress swamps all his life and now that's he's gone I decide to do this. Would have been nice to learn a few things from him but I was young and dumb while he was around.

Thanks Again Jeff

fishfighter

Welcome a board Jeff. Were are you located at?

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum BigZ.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

78NHTFY

Welcome BigZ--best place to learn what you need to know!  All the best, Rob
If you have time, you win....

BigZ La

Quote from: fishfighter on July 05, 2016, 05:12:31 AM
Welcome a board Jeff. Were are you located at?

I live on the river between White Castle and Donaldsonville. I was up at False River about two or three weeks ago. Took the wife and her sister for a drive around the area after eating at The Francis across the bridge. I assume your on the island side or are you closer to the river?

Thank You Sponsors!