iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

D-tape is always breaking at the end

Started by up2themtn, July 02, 2016, 08:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up2themtn

I work full time as a contract inventory forester, I work all over the country on large inventories and have for about 5 years.  I worked as an employee for a consulting company for 2.5 years, and my boss there taught me to wrap the last 3-4 feet of the d-tape with clear tape to protect it.  This was great advice, because if you don't do this, and you do any real amount of inventory work, you will find that your d-tape gets all kinked and bent and will eventually snap.  This still ends up happening, but it takes longer when you put the tape on it.  The tape is not the perfect solution to the problem for several reasons, and it seems like someone must have come up with a product that could be applied to the d-tape and do a better job of protecting the last three to four feet of the d-tape.  Is anyone familiar with such a product?  If not I may have to invent one my self!

Clark

I've used clear tape for about the last 3' of the tape and then electrical tape for the very end. Typically this gives me a year or better for each tape.

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

enigmaT120

Thanks for the tip.  I just rebuilt a 75 foot Spenser with spare parts I got at garage sales, and would prefer not to have to do it any time soon.  I doubt I'll cruise my place for another 3 years 3 months though (my retirement date).

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

Thank You Sponsors!