iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my first mill project was....

Started by ray299, June 30, 2016, 10:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ray299

I had a bunch of ash stockpiled. It makes real nice sliding. First time cutting with the saw- sooo happy with it. I have to make a few adjustments, one being  the fixed log holding devices are right under the fixed blade guide so I'm left with a minimum of a 2.5 " board until that gets fixed... But also that 2.5" board has an hour glass shape... When I cut planks they are uniform in thickness but what I have left over from my cant is thin in the middle and thick at the ends. I have a feeling its my cam locks lifting it as I lock them so I may have to change that... But going to look into it next week.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This is really nice Ray. You and I both know its just a matter of time before you add on to it.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

That does look good.
You built your mill?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ray299

Quote from: thecfarm on July 01, 2016, 05:35:38 AM
That does look good.
You built your mill?
Yes, just finished it this week... still have some adjustments to make but it works. Feel free to look at my profile pics

Ox

And so it begins...

Seriously though, congrats on your mill finally working out and getting some homemade lumber into a building.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Czech_Made

Thank You Sponsors!