iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Independence Day Traditions

Started by Magicman, June 30, 2016, 09:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

When I was growing up we always said "going to the 4th" referring to going to my Grandma's house for our customary July 4th family get-together.

Going to the 4th, is now all of our children, etc. gathering at the Cabin for our annual get-together which includes the visiting, eating, watermelon (OK that is eats too).  The traditional "scavenger hunt" trail ride is always exciting where the riders are looking for their named envelops that are hidden somewhere along the trails.

Marty and I bushhogged, etc. the trails this past Saturday and we will go to the Cabin today and spend the next few days "getting ready".  There is still much to do but it will be worth the effort.

Some of the trail riders in 2014.

Getting ready to ride in 2015.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Sounds and looks like a great Shindig.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LeeB

Seems like over the years the 4th for me, like most other holidays, has been spent on the rig. Same for this year. Ya'll have a good time.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

KirkD

Here in Oregon we are making hay while the sun shines.......
Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

21incher

That looks like a great time for all. Enjoy your 4 th.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WV Sawmiller

We have no family except son and his family near us so we often share the 4th with friends over at Alderson WV where they are famous for their small town fireworks display. Not sure if they will be able to have their show this year as last I heard they were still under a boil water advisory and sewer system not working.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Independence Day and remember what we are actually celebrating.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

Growing up we would get together and have a cookout.
Now my parents are gone and we have started our own tradition. A Go Kart Party. I say Go Kart,but it's really anything without a motor we ride down the hill. We have 4 go karts,3 wagons,one homemade kart. I am working on another homemade one,but no way I will get it done in time. The people on the hill show up. The guy above me,made a go kart. We live on a dead end dirt road. A few will reach speeds of 35mph. The field will be alive with wiffle ball,badminton,frisbee and who knows what else. Lots and lots of food and lots and lots of good time.
One year someone was dating someone from NY. Right from a big city there was 3 brothers and one sister. We showed them city boys how to have fun.  ;D They had a great time.
I suspect at least 30 people. One year we had 45 here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kbeitz

I'm getting ready for our local parade.

Not sure witch one I;m takeing this year...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

pine

Our tradition starts with hosing down all the flammables,  especially the roof.  All the surrounding area that can burn is wetted so that the sparks can't ignite the material and start a fire.

It is such a shame that that is what the holiday forces us to do but after the number of houses and wild-land fires that have burned in our area in the last couple of years that is  and has been our traditions for some time now.

gspren

This is the second year for our new tradition, being at our Beach House, some friends will arrive tonight and some others later in the weekend. We hope to catch and steam some blue crabs.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

thechknhwk

The chemical plant never sleeps, I'll be there sat, sun, mon for 12 hrs each.

Carson-saws

OUTSTANDING pictures....hope all of you have a fantastic 4th...and...GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Thank You Sponsors!