iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 576xp

Started by Timbercruiser, June 28, 2016, 08:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbercruiser

Is husqvarna still making a 576xp non auto tune  ??  Just wondering if this chassis was a good saw or not ??

Big Wood

it's a good saw but it's about the last 70cc class saw i would choose. the 372 husky or 461 stihl are much better handling and lighter.

danbuendgen

I had a 376xp a few years ago, and was not overly impressed with it. It did have the autotune. It I don't even think I got a year out of it. I think you can still get a 576xp with out autotune.  I switched to the 562xpg and have had excellent luck. Its a small saw but the power is impressive. It cuts large hardwood very well if the chain is sharp. If you are looking for a 70cc +/- saw, I would go with a 372xp. But I would strongly encourage you to try a 562xp if you are good at keeping the chain sharp. The keep up with a larges saw quite well.
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

weimedog

We don't have a heavy Husqvarna population in this area as Stihl has flooded the market with multiple dealers and the "big dog" mill where many here get their start is a Stihl shop. BUT there is a hard core Husqvarna contingent in the logging community and the preferred saws are 390's, and 576xp Auto tunes. Those over any of the 372 class x-torqs for what ever reason. The 562's are gaining ground after a tough start in this area. The guys who have those 576's love them. One of the guys who I work with bought one a couple of years back. He's real tough on equipment and does logging contracts as a second income. He has had no issues...an endorsement all by itself.
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Big Wood

IMO, back east; a 562 should be all anybody needs. i would never carry 70cc+ in those eastern pecker poles  ;D heck, i've been running 36" on a 372 here on the coast. after porting they run as good as 390's but handle WAY better. i'm sold! almost scared of husky replacing them lol

sawguy21

You are really trying to start something aren't you? :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Big Wood

Quote from: sawguy21 on July 04, 2016, 11:51:42 AM
You are really trying to start something aren't you? :D :D

;D i was looking to like your post but can't find the button. your just gonna have to believe me.

HolmenTree

576XP AutoTune is a real nice smooth handling saw which can bury a 32" bar easily brand new right out of the box.
I know because I ran 3 of them in from brand new for the required 5 minutes to set the AutoTune in frozen spruce 30"-36 diameter. Pulled that chain like a much bigger saw.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

49er

Quote from: Big Wood on July 03, 2016, 10:38:51 PM
IMO, back east; a 562 should be all anybody needs. i would never carry 70cc+ in those eastern pecker poles  ;D heck, i've been running 36" on a 372 here on the coast. after porting they run as good as 390's but handle WAY better. i'm sold! almost scared of husky replacing them lol

Big Wood, is that the X-torq saw you are liking so much?

I had a ported 576xt  for awhile. I sold it to a logger that needed a saw quick, I still have sellers remorse. Never any auto tune quirks. After a couple of years logging the generator came loose under the flywheel and destroyed the case. I bought a parts saw but it went back together auto tune delete because the generator was  $100 and the saw wasn't worth it.
Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Jonsered 2188 2165 2260 2253 70e
Redmax GZ4000

Big Wood

Quote from: 49er on July 05, 2016, 10:09:06 PMBig Wood, is that the X-torq saw you are liking so much?

I had a ported 576xt  for awhile. I sold it to a logger that needed a saw quick, I still have sellers remorse. Never any auto tune quirks. After a couple of years logging the generator came loose under the flywheel and destroyed the case. I bought a parts saw but it went back together auto tune delete because the generator was  $100 and the saw wasn't worth it.

yes it is, i got a couple 372's done by different people. the XT has the biggest nuts of them all. runs with the 390's after porting. had a 576 with AT and one without. got them stock, had them ported. decent saws but to big for their own good. if husky could make them smaller and lighter i might get more but the 372's handle better, are lighter, and outperform. alot of people say the 576 is stronger stock then 372 but i don't agree. maybe with short bars but with long bars the 372XT takes the cake stock or ported.

49er

Quote from: Big Wood on July 07, 2016, 05:25:00 PM
Quote from: 49er on July 05, 2016, 10:09:06 PMBig Wood, is that the X-torq saw you are liking so much?

yes it is, i got a couple 372's done by different people. the XT has the biggest nuts of them all. runs with the 390's after porting. had a 576 with AT and one without. got them stock, had them ported. decent saws but to big for their own good. if husky could make them smaller and lighter i might get more but the 372's handle better, are lighter, and outperform. alot of people say the 576 is stronger stock then 372 but i don't agree. maybe with short bars but with long bars the 372XT takes the cake stock or ported.

In a side by side comparison I think the 576 has a little more power. It doesn't feel like it though because the 576 is so smooth. However I agree,the 365-372 is a lot more compact and handles better. I am very happy with my 365xt after some mods. I just finish a 365xt for a logger. I am going to see if he is happy with it with the strato in tact. If he wants more I will eliminate the strato. He might be happier with an extra tree or two per tank. We will see.

Stock 2188 except for muffler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaUaF5-3Y6s
Modified 365xt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCz8HmkiPrU
Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Redmax GZ4000

49er

Timbercruiser, sorry I killed your thread I don't mean too but it happens a lot when I post. :(
Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Redmax GZ4000

RIDE-RED 350r

I have not owned a 576, but I repaired one (non-AT) for a local tree service and ran a tank of fuel through it in the log pile to ops check it before I returned it..

My impression: It's kind of a strange saw for sure IMHO. I own a 75cc 372XPW ported by me, so my comparison is between the two.

It certainly FEELS heavier/bulkier than my 372.

It doesn't feel or sound overly fast or powerful....

YET, it will bury a 20" bar and just plain pull it. It is deceivingly powerful, despite not feeling or sounding the part...

At the end of the day though, I prefer a 372 in a NY minute.
Swedish, you know, like the chef.

radio

Quote from: Timbercruiser on June 28, 2016, 08:40:42 PM
Is husqvarna still making a 576xp non auto tune  ??

Yes they are, at least in the US.  Here is a 576xp non-AT that I purchased recently.

radio

I see on many forums and threads that people comment the 372 is significantly lighter than the 576. Don't know about the 461 but the 372 is only 6 oz lighter than the 576.  My 576 with 24" bar/chain/fuel/oil measures out to 339 ounces.  So the 372 with the same b/c would be about 333 ounces.  I'm not sure many people could notice the difference.  And with a larger bar the difference becomes even less significant.

motohed

Quote from: danbuendgen on June 29, 2016, 08:22:34 AM
I had a 376xp a few years ago, and was not overly impressed with it. It did have the autotune. It I don't even think I got a year out of it. I think you can still get a 576xp with out autotune.  I switched to the 562xpg and have had excellent luck. Its a small saw but the power is impressive. It cuts large hardwood very well if the chain is sharp. If you are looking for a 70cc +/- saw, I would go with a 372xp. But I would strongly encourage you to try a 562xp if you are good at keeping the chain sharp. The keep up with a larges saw quite well.
[/quote

X2 on that , I have about a dozen of the husqvarna 262xp's from the 90's . They were a high reving 4.8 horsepower saw in a little over a 12 pound package . I have always cut more wood by the end of the day with it , being almost 2 to 3 pounds lighter than the other saws . I still buy parts regularly , anywhere I can find them . They are simple to repair and have no computers to mess with .  I have aquired a large parts sorce for these saws . I feel they were some of the best saws Husqvarna ever built . That being said , the Husky 550 xp and 562xp and the 372xp are the best saws of the next generation for Husky hands down . That being said , I also run Stihl from the 026 size to the Ms 460 , 461 series . By far the ms 460 , ms 461 is my go too saw for big wood , I mean 30 inch plus wood . I've been in this gig for 45 plus years , and thats my opinion , Iv'e run every saw Husqvarna put out being a dealer for them . The other honorable mention was the 357xp , it had great power and ran excellent once the original early walbro carb , is replaced with the zama carb .

Thank You Sponsors!