... and other duties as assigned.

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, June 28, 2016, 07:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

My brother owns a small John Deere dozer. It's a real handy little machine and has come in very handy on my retirement home build. It developed a leak and was found to be a transmission cooler line going to the radiator. No big deal except the cowling around the radiator is made of heavy steel to add weight to the front of the machine. After slinging it back in place my brother, who can fix anything and break any tool! was using my LogRite cant hook between the dozer blade and cowling to jimmy it back into place. He started the machine and was manipulating the blade to push on the cowling to line up the bolt holes. When I walked up he was almost done, I told him it might have been better to cut a sapling to do that with, he said this was handy. The only damage to the cant hook was a nick in the rubber handle.

Sorry, no pix, but it did happen.
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Tam-i-am

I'm glad he didn't damage it on you.  And of course that it saved the day.

We understand that our tools often get used for something other than their intended purspose. ;D  Sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do.

We sell our cant hooks to a tire company who uses them to pull the rubber from the molds.

Another company won't tell me how they are using our hookaroons.  They buy a lot of them so I inquired why they buy so many.  They admitted that they are using them for something they are not intended for which is why they end up breaking them but apparently it gets the job done better than anything else.  I wish I knew what the secret project was.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Magicman

Maybe the joys of owning good tools are the occasional alternate misuses uses.   logrite_cool
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman