iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

circle saw question

Started by SCSawyer, June 26, 2016, 11:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCSawyer

Got a question for the circle saw guys, while I'm in cut the saw is spraying dust to the sawyers box ? Are the gullets not emptying before coming back around ? Or is it picking it up from the rear of the saw as the log passes ? I remember having this trouble on another mill but I think I corrected it by resetting the lead, I really don't want to change the lead, the mill saws great where it is , the dust spray is just driving me nuts until I can get the shed over it and get a screen up, any ideas ? " 95-100 deg heat in the hot sun + getting snowed on every time the log passes = 1 cranky sawyer !
Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

Ron Wenrich

Without a shed, and direct sunlight on the saw, your saw is too hot to saw without the shower.  Sun will make the saw hot and do weird things.  You need to get it off the saw, if you want to saw during the day.  When I first started, I simply built a frame over the saw and put slabs on top to make a roof.  It worked until we got a shed over top.  Saw on a cloudy day and see if there isn't a difference.

The other factor is you probably need to adjust your saw guides.  Your board side guide is probably off a bit, since the sun has dished the saw.  You need to keep your saw guides well adjusted, especially in hot weather. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!