iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Free car?

Started by Jim_Rogers, June 25, 2016, 09:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

While I was at the market today, getting some groceries for mother, I saw this at the car next to where I parked:

I sat there for a while to make sure someone else didn't take them. And then I thought, how would I know if it was someone else.

Both windows were open and no one was in the car.

I left after a few minutes of wondering.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

red

Another Sting Operation . . They are Everywhere ! ! !
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

DDW_OR

Two choices.
first = leave alone
second = put keys on driver seat. if it is a sting, then the cops will just reset the trap.
"let the machines do the work"

Den Socling

That's what I would do. Put the keys on the seat.

chevytaHOE5674

Guess I live in a different place than most on here but UP here many people (myself included) just leave the keys in the ignition all the time, so leaving them in the trunk would be no less secure than that. ha

WildlandFirefighter912

Probably see you on the new season of the show. Watch the cops talk about you and ready to pounce on you. Lololol.

starmac

For nearly 40 years we never took our keys out, but last summer my wifes pickup was stolen at her job. Now she doesn't get out of it without taking the friggen keys. In the winter I typically start it and let it warm up for her while she gets ready, more times than not, I have to come back in and get the keys.  Now we have 3 semis, and several other pickups sitting out there with the keys in the ignition, but not hers. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

goose63

I never took the key's leave my gun in the truck my billfold with money in it but we now have a bunch of strangers around here every thing gets locked up
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

red

It's always good to have a hidden ignition key . If you don't like the magnetic ones maybe wire tie a key to the frame . With crazy power door locks you have a chance of getting locked out with vehicle running . Not that it would happen to me because my window is always open .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Den Socling

Red is right. When parked at home with a spare key near, we never take the keys out of my Tundra or Patti's Accord. When away from home, we always do because of the power locks. I don't know what get's into them but sometimes they just lock themselves out of the blue.

sawguy21

I always lock the doors, a habit I got into with many years of living in the city. We are now living in the small town I grew up in, we never worried about locking things up but now it is almost mandatory. If not bolted down it's gone. Yesterday I returned to the truck with groceries, the doors were locked but the window was wide open. Doh! :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

Quote from: red on June 26, 2016, 07:44:50 AM
It's always good to have a hidden ignition key. If you don't like the magnetic ones maybe wire tie a key to the frame . With crazy power door locks you have a chance of getting locked out with vehicle running . Not that it would happen to me because my window is always open .

Very true!   ;)

I carry a spare truck key in my wallet and a spare sawmill key zip-tied on the mill, I only need a wrench to get the mill key!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Weekend_Sawyer

I live between Baltimore and Washington (for now)
Lock it or loose it!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!