iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Serial number for my old Husqvarna 61

Started by Mikeinkaty, June 25, 2016, 02:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikeinkaty

Made a photo of the plate.  Serial # is 14053.

Offsite image deleted by Admin, Refer to forum rules.

I think I purchased it between 1978 and 1980.   Can anyone nail down the date from the tag?  It did not come with a chain brake.  I would put one on if I could figure out what would fit.

Everything on it is still original except for the gas line and the clutch sprocket.   I just recently put a new screen in the muffler.  Carb has never been taken off.

Mike

SawTroll

Sorry, I don't know a way to date the Husky saws made before some time in 1982, based on the serial number. That one likely is made between 1978 and 1981, that's all I can say.

The production time of the crank usually is on the crank bells though, so if the crank is original you should be able to get pretty close - if you take the cylinder off the saw.
Information collector.

HolmenTree

My guess is 1981 then numbers 611 could be either 6th day, 11th month or 11th day, 6th month. 14,053 unit.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

SawTroll

Quote from: HolmenTree on June 26, 2016, 02:31:22 PM
My guess is 1981 then numbers 611 could be either 6th day, 11th month or 11th day, 6th month. 14,053 unit.

I find that very unlikely, as I believe 1611 means something totally different, where "61" is the model number. The first "1" likely identifies it as a "1-series" saw, and the last one is sort of a prefix to the stamped part of the number.
Information collector.

Mikeinkaty

I have seen the "1611" on other saws of that vintage, even other models.

I got on the Husqvarna forum and ask. No replies yet.
Mike

Thank You Sponsors!