iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NH LT185B track loader, boom vertical hydraulics stopped working

Started by ylekyote, June 25, 2016, 02:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ylekyote

New Holland LT185.B, 2006 yr, 1600 hrs. Picked up a load of top soil and I drove about 300 yards to dump it on my ditch bank and the bucket would not go up...it's stuck resting all the way down.  No noise, no anything. Tilt and everything else is normal. I had only been operating it for about an hour, and lightly.

The foot pedals are free and clear of dirt under them.  I have full hydraulic fluid.  No breaks in the lines.

The left pedal (vertical movement) feels locked, like it does when my seat belt isn't clasped. I cycled ignition and drove the loader around and that did not help.  Also there are no dummy lights on and I cycled the safety brake on/off and seat belt clasp several times too.

Has anyone an idea of what I can check next? 
Don't blame God.  He designed us with free will to choose.  The design works great when we work together with our children and grand kids in mind.  Short sightedness is not a virtue.

wndwlkr65

I would check the wires down by your pedels, there are selinoids on the hydraulics. Look for lose or broken wires. Also check the wiring on the seat switch.

okmulch

You might have a small piece of debris in the valve and it is stuck in one portion.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

ylekyote

You mean a piece of junk in the actual oil line of the valve?
Don't blame God.  He designed us with free will to choose.  The design works great when we work together with our children and grand kids in mind.  Short sightedness is not a virtue.

okmulch

I have had a valve stick before. Had to remove solenoid,unscrew end and move valve by hand.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Stuart Caruk

Lift the seat to get at the solenoid that controls the spool. Odds are that it has come loose, or fallen off. I've had this happen on 3 Bobcats... vibration loosens the nut that holds the coil on and then you lose motion for that axis. You won't get an alarm, because as far as the machine is concerned everything works fine. There's nothing to close the loop and confirm the arms lift after the signal goes to the coil to move the spool.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Thank You Sponsors!