iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Rite Leg Bench

Started by WDH, June 21, 2016, 09:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

I made this naturally stained red maple bench as a donation to the Georgia Forestry Association for Project Learning Tree and the Tree Farm System Silent Auction.

The maple slab is 2" thick and 19" wide.  The shelf is a naturally stained ambrosia maple live edged piece.  The log that this slab was sawn from sat on a logyard at a sawmill from the Spring thru the hot Summer.  The stain streaks were black, blue, green, and gray.  Nature at her best.  The legs are the Alissa Bench Legs.  The finish is 100% pure tung oil mixed 50:50 with mineral spirits. 

It sits nice.  Kinda want to keep it, now  :).   

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Lawg Dawg

2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I guess you'll be building Outhouses next.  :D :D :D :D :D :D

I love it Danny. What a great donation from your heart my friend.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Upper

Very nice,love the alissa legs
Stihl 661
Alaskan 36 CSM
36" guillotine splitter powered by a GMC V6
I like to build stuff
LT35HD Wood-Mizer

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WmFritz

The colors are so rich!
I don't know what I love more... the bench or those cabinets behind it.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

red

Bench looks great .  You may have a future in the wood industry .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Solomon

Ain't it nice to have a place to sit down ?
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

Czech_Made

azmtnman

1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

stanwelch

Ya done good, Danny  8) 8). I like it !
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

lowpolyjoe

Beautiful piece    Looks comfy

Weekend_Sawyer

Danny you have an eye for artistry. Very nice.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Magicman

Bold yet elegant and your generosity is beyond reproach!   smiley_thumbsup 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

That is a beautifull bench. It looks so comfortable to sit on with the live edges that will not dig into the back of your legs. Love the bench legs also. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WDH

The bench legs are super nice.  Y'all need to get a pair and make a bench  cut_tree.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on June 24, 2016, 03:50:49 PM
The bench legs are super nice.  Y'all need to get a pair and make a bench  cut_tree.

I have ordered 2 pair that are in route now.....so you are preaching to the choir.  smiley_nananana

Old Saying

WDH

I did not know that you could sing. 

Magicman

Howling at the moon does not count.   poston-smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on June 24, 2016, 09:25:13 PM
Howling at the moon does not count.   poston-smiley

.......and the home of the brave.

AK Newbie

Really nice bench!  I got a pair of legs and now I'm searching for just the right slab! 
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

WDH

Bench Update.

The bench brought $1050 at the Georgia Forestry Association Silent Auction. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on July 25, 2016, 08:01:19 PM
Bench Update.

The bench brought $1050 at the Georgia Forestry Association Silent Auction.

This is outstanding! The combination of your finished kiln dried slab and the artistic metal work by the Logrite company has now sent my $300 projection to the "Wood Shed".
From now on....$1050.

I'm proud of you Danny and Tamiam for a combination that was built for a good cause.  8)

WDH

There were 500 people at the Conference, and several want benches (but not at $1050  :)), so the Rite Leg Co. will be getting some more business. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on July 25, 2016, 08:24:29 PM
There were 500 people at the Conference, and several want benches (but not at $1050  :)), so the Rite Leg Co. will be getting some more business.

Thats good news. Nothing like adding GRAVEY to your work. I'd buy one if I could afford it.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!