iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eastern WA - Forest Owners Field Day

Started by OlJarhead, June 19, 2016, 07:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlJarhead

Hi All!
Getting ready to do the 'Forest Owners Field Day in Eastern WA next weekend :)   We had a great time in 2013 when we did this with the SMLT10 so I think it will be even better this year!  And maybe we'll meet some FF members?  Curlew Dave?  Some of the Spokane gang?

Last time we did this we had to shut down a lot because of noise so hop0efulyl they have us a little further from other classes this year but I know it will be a great event to meet potential new customers at :)
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

quilbilly

Be on your side this week coaching hoops but can't stay for the weekend. Hope things go well
a man is strongest on his knees

opticsguy

I would be interested in attending but Colville is at the very Eastern Edge of Washington State. Centrally located would probably see a much higher attendance rate.  Have fun!!!
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

OlJarhead

Pretty close anyway ;)  This one is 90 miles from our property up north so not too bad.

They do have two a year on the west side of the state though.  I'd contact your forester and let him know your interest.

OlJarhead

Quote from: quilbilly on June 20, 2016, 12:02:24 AM
Be on your side this week coaching hoops but can't stay for the weekend. Hope things go well

Where at?

Clean Image

I get over to Spokane a few days of the year and next week on the 24th is one of them. Unfortunately I was also needed down in Ca this week so I had to pass the Spokane job off on my son.
It would have been great to meet you Eric...it was several posts on your cabin build that caught my attention to this board in the first place!
Yup, every time my wife mentions the sawmill I just blame it all on you  :D

I will make sure to stop by one of these trips as Moses Lake is on the way, have fun next week!
Duane

OlJarhead

Got setup at the Forest Owners Field Day

They didn't have a log deck but I managed to get two short logs to demo

Due to classes and noise I only milled the one log into some 1x's, 2x's and a 4x but did get to chat with a lot of folks and enjoyed the day all the same :)

Peter Drouin

Nice set up, What's with the noise thing?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

OlJarhead

They put classes too close to the mill (and other heavy equipment) and asked that we operate at lunch vs all day long.

3 years ago I had to stop a few times for the same reason, too much noise.  Sad thing is they know this but still do it each year ;)

Ahh well, looks like I have a two day job from it :D  So I'm ok with that!

Peter Drouin

So the people that run it did not learn from the previous year.
:D :D :D Well at lease you got a job from it.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

OlJarhead

Been meaning to post this but had to find the link first ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTGX9kAGJXM&feature=youtu.be

Met the guy at the field day and LOVE his little and simple log skidder!  I WANT ONE!  My wife wouldn't let me buy it right then (she wants me to pay for the mill first LOL) but I'll get one.

I can provide his website if it's ok to do so here or can PM it for those interest.

Kbeitz

Oh No.... Looks like I'm not done building things...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!