iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

that's my girl!

Started by grouch, June 15, 2016, 03:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grouch

In the words of the great philosopher, Popeye, "That's all I can stand 'cause I can't stands no more." I've been about to bust wanting to tell this to somebody, but, being a hermit, there ain't anybody around to tell. How'd you like to be amongst the top 100 in the world?

100 Awesome Women In The Open-Source Community You Should Know

She's in there and has only just begun.  ;D

Always knew that kid was special. Mostly by the gray hairs she induced. (Went to my garage one night after she'd visited and found my vice, milling machine, welders, drill press and some receptacles watching me with those stick-on wiggly eyes).

Ok. Fathers are not quite sane when it comes to their daughters. Or their sons, either, for that matter. If you have offspring, you understand and hopefully forgive.
Find something to do that interests you.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

Is she number 80, seems like the jiggle eyes type from the small picture.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

grouch

Quote from: thecfarm on June 15, 2016, 07:10:40 PM
Which one is she?

Now you done it. I've fussed at her for years about the amount of info she posts. It's just another part of her workplace, to her. Guess I wouldn't do well in a big city.  Hang on a sec...

Quote from: r.man on June 15, 2016, 08:30:14 PM
Is she number 80, seems like the jiggle eyes type from the small picture.

Izzat you, Mr. Sherlock? How'd you do that? That's her! Had to call her when I saw your reply.

She used that photo because it was "a goofy photo" taken with her friends and a microsoft program estimated her age at 46 from that. It's a lousy photo, imo, because it's a wide angle lens used too close, leading to rat-face distortion. She does that just cuz it bugs me.

[Edit: grammar nazi daughter told me I had "to close" instead of "too close"]

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

Victim photos used to be family shots, very often formal graduation or other event pictures, perp photos would be mug shots or candid shots through police car windows or to or from court rooms. Now both tend to be social media selfies. I would prefer to be nameless and faceless on the web but because of my daughters I do have a trackable history. I have been after both of my daughters as well about security and public information but it is a different world out there.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Czech_Made

grouch

r.man: You nailed it. All through school -- from primary to post-graduate college -- I kept telling her the Internet is not your friendly neighborhood. I guess that's how a wilderness gets tamed, though.

Czech_Made: My part in her achievements might be likened to the guy who tends a sapling that decades later becomes part of some fine cabinet or work of art. It just happens over a shorter time span with human beings compared to trees.

Roxie

How wonderful for you and your daughter!  On this forum, we not only allow shameless pride in young ins being shared, we encourage it.  It sure is a refreshing offset to the rest of the news out there.   :)
Say when

grouch

Thanks Roxie. Argued with myself for over 2 weeks about posting it. :)

If I understand correctly, Github is like geek heaven. It would be like somebody paying me to attend and comment on as many college and NFL football games as I wanted. Except, of course, I don't have the technical expertise necessary for my commentary to improve the game -- incrementally or otherwise.

sandhills

Roxie  smiley_thumbsup.  grouch, be proud!

Thank You Sponsors!