iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

YouTube idea, had to try - Hillbilly Hot Tub

Started by OffGrid973, June 09, 2016, 11:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OffGrid973

Had some poplar in the driveway to mill and figured I would give it shot.  One IBC tote later that I found on CL for ~$100 and I was in business.

Milled everything yesterday from one 8' log and put together after work.  By 8pm I was enjoying the tub even though it was a little cold here in jersey today.

Looking forward to nice 6hrs heating time and hopefully have steam pouring out of it tomorrow night.

Had to share :)

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

OffGrid973

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Something about that just ain't fair  ???  I know what it is, I don't have one.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

Great Idea and nice job. I can see Magicman cooking his crawfish in it if he had one. ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have 1 of those.....it holds off road diesel.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

lowpolyjoe

That's great!  How does the heating work? 

Stuart Caruk

Here's another version of a Redneck hot tub...

or for the guys stuck in the bush...

Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

thecfarm

I might see myself in the bucket,but the tub with just bar stools..............  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Just Me

Quote from: thecfarm on June 11, 2016, 03:41:02 PM
I might see myself in the bucket,but the tub with just bar stools..............  ::)

What? I can't see anything that could possibly go wrong there.......... :D

OffGrid973

So here it is, piping 105 degrees with bubbles.  Fire pit was pushing water out at 160 degrees that gets the tub heated in two hours.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ3ykxWFqno
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Bark Beetle

You don't work wood, you work with wood.

thecfarm

105° would be just about all the heat I would want.

Czech_Made

That is very nice!

Quote from: cwimer973 on June 09, 2016, 11:49:30 PM
Had some poplar in the driveway to mill and figured I would give it shot.  One IBC tote later that I found on CL for ~$100 and I was in business.

Milled everything yesterday from one 8' log and put together after work.  By 8pm I was enjoying the tub even though it was a little cold here in jersey today.

Looking forward to nice 6hrs heating time and hopefully have steam pouring out of it tomorrow night.

Had to share :)

OffGrid973

Pre storm prep underway, not sure of late night dip happening or early morning with those who remain after snow party :)

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Thank You Sponsors!