iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New 1995 TJ 380D 3k original hours

Started by RunningRoot, June 06, 2016, 07:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RunningRoot

Bought a new to me 380D with the 5.9 and 2800 Clark trans.. machine is in like new condition, emaculate !!...
Anything about this skidder I should know ?! Weak points ?! Things to look out for ?!...,
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

Ohio_Bill

Congratulations on the 380    wow sounds like a real score.  Hope all is going well with you.
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

lynde37avery

Detroit WHAT?

lopet

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

BargeMonkey

380C ? Deere 4000 winch ? They are a nice machine.

David-L

Congrats, what tranny is in it. My 240B has a Clark 3 speed and seems to be fairing well. Your machine will be a pulling son of a gun. pic's soon please. Good luck.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

RunningRoot

It's a 95 380D model 3,011 original hours, government owned machine!!! Like brand new, every single thing on or in it works perfect.  and It's got the Clark 4 speed.... JD winch.... And I've been busy moving timber, brought my operation to whole new heights sense last talked to you guys..

lopet

Congratulations, sounds like you got a well maintained low hour machine.  8) 

Sorry, I don't know much about them , but i am sure somebody will answer your questions.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

thecfarm

I would like to see a picture of that!!! 3000 hours!!!! :o  That is brand new.
I bought a tractor that was 8 years old with 800 hours on it. It looked brand new. I put 400 hours on it the first year I had it and I got it in May.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

RunningRoot

People have scared me talking about these 3-4 speed Clark trannys...  I've been told that most people abandon the machine anytime something happens to the trans ... Is this true ?!!! Could it really be that expensive to do an trans overhaul to where people just scrap them if the trans let's go ?!?!... This talk has terrified me in a sense !! Lol...

treeslayer2003

Quote from: RunningRoot on June 11, 2016, 02:09:50 PM
People have scared me talking about these 3-4 speed Clark trannys...  I've been told that most people abandon the machine anytime something happens to the trans ... Is this true ?!!! Could it really be that expensive to do an trans overhaul to where people just scrap them if the trans let's go ?!?!... This talk has terrified me in a sense !! Lol...
they are high to rebuild but i have yet to see one thats fried. run her and grin my friend.

timberlinetree

Nice score!That's a rare bird with only that many hrs. Pic?
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

ga jones

I've never seen a Clark totally destroyed. You can pound them hard and they keep going. That machine should be a C if it's  a 95. Deere winch long frame with differential lock. One of the best machines ever made IMO....
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Thank You Sponsors!