iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Things that make you call 911

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, June 05, 2016, 09:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D :D
This takes the cake.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

submarinesailor

Saw this a lot in the steel plants in the USA rust belt - Gary, ID to Pittsburgh, PA. The funniest one was the 120 VAC coffee pot wired to a 220 breaker. And the breaker was wired closed just like the picture.  They wanted their coffee hotter I guess.

Ianab

How to convert a 20a breaker into a 200 amp "slo blow"  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sandsawmill14

as a licensed electrician sine 1995 i can say i  have never seen that one  :D i and cant recommend it as a good solution but i guess it would work :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Czech_Made

I will never forget a guy I met in summer internship - my highschool was electroengineering and I spent two summer months working a distribution plant.

Anyway, he would heat his lunch sausage using two wires.  Sausage on a plate, plus in one end, minus wire in the other end, took about two minutes to perfection.  ;D ;D

Kbeitz

That picture is just an updated picture of a penny behind a fuse.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Corley5

Or an old paper fuse wrapped in aluminum foil.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Logger RK

I knew a guy that used a 22 bullet to replace a pickup fuse that kept blowing. At least he did once ;D

DelawhereJoe

It looks to me like the breaker went bad and just doesn't stay "on", why buy a new one when you can just rig it up. Funny thing is my wife would be happy with that fix because I wouldn't need to spend any money. ..untill the house burnt down.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ianab on June 06, 2016, 12:01:29 AM
How to convert a 20a breaker into a 200 amp "slo blow"  :D

:D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

r.man

That wouldn't stop lots of breakers from tripping, most of the ones I deal with don't have to have handle movement to trip. I am not sure any require handle movement to trip, that mod may just make it harder to reset.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Czech_Made

I believe you are right.

Quote from: r.man on June 06, 2016, 10:08:54 PM
That wouldn't stop lots of breakers from tripping, most of the ones I deal with don't have to have handle movement to trip. I am not sure any require handle movement to trip, that mod may just make it harder to reset.

WmFritz

At first glance, I wondered if it wasn't meant as a 'lock'. Maybe a sump pump is on that circuit ...  or a margarita blender.  :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Raider Bill

Quote from: WmFritz on June 07, 2016, 07:43:32 AM
At first glance, I wondered if it wasn't meant as a 'lock'. Maybe a sump pump is on that circuit ...  or a margarita blender.  :)

I thought it was a lock also.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WV Sawmiller

As teenagers my younger brother and I were putting up a fence for a client. His kids and grandkids lived across the road and were some of the meanest kids I believe I ever met. We heard the kids yelling across the road and looked to be chasing the youngest. I told my brother "I don't know what he did but I think they will kill him if they catch him this time." As they got closer we realized they were yelling "Fire, Fire". We decided we'd better help so dropped our tools and ran over while they had their granny call the fire department. When we got there the lady was standing in the living room by a smoked up outlet holding an empty dishpan and looking at a wet wall and floor. The outlet caught fire and she threw a pan of water on it.

When the fire department arrived and checked everything out they wrote them a ticket. I heard the lady complaining to one of the other family members about the ticket, "They said the fire was caused by a penny behind the fuse. That's the same thing they said about that other little house we had that burned down."

Guess some people never learn.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!